“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Plan Administrator
TriStar Pension Consulting
TriStar is a small, family oriented consulting and third party administration firm located in Oklahoma City, OK. We provide exceptional customer service to all of our clients and their financial advisors. We consider them to be part of our
family rather than just a client number amongst hundreds of other client numbers. Our clients are primarily located throughout the state of Oklahoma although we do have some that are located outside of our state. We have been in business since 1999.
TriStar provides consulting and administration services for Defined Contribution and Defined Benefit Plans. We primarily work with vendor partners such as John Hancock, American Funds, Principal, Empower and many others. We are
a non-producing TPA firm that partners with financial advisors on all of the plans we serve. We do not provide daily recordkeeping services.
We are seeking an experienced retirement plan consultant and
Experienced candidates will be expected to:
- Provide Disney level customer service to all clients, advisors and participants.
- Manage a book of plans requiring full review of all reports prepared by an
- Answer questions from plan sponsors regarding plan design, eligibility, contributions, testing, vesting, and other aspects of plan operation.
- Return phone calls and emails from clients the same day or early the next
- Be able to read and comprehend plan documents.
- Work closely with junior administrators and distribution/loan associate on questions regarding documents, notices, distribution and loan issues.
- Communicate (verbally and in
writing) effectively with plan sponsors, participants, investment advisors, and record keepers.
- Translate complicated regulatory requirements into easy to understand explanations.
TriStar’s ideal candidate for this position will
possess the following:
- Three years or more of experience in retirement plan administration and consulting including managing a book of business and dealing directly with clients verbally and in writing.
- Ability to research technical plan
questions regarding plan design or operation and assist clients in understanding the information and options available.
- Extensive knowledge of ERISA and subsequent Regulations.
- Knowledge of all aspects of small /medium case plan
administration/consulting as well as Plan Distributions/Loans.
- Understanding of business structures and how they affect plan design and administration is required.
- Working knowledge in DOL and IRS annual filing requirements and forms, as
well as plan correction programs for both services.
- Experience working in ASC and Pension Pro is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with Cash Balance administration is a plus, but not required.
- ASPPA Designation is not required
but preferred. If you do not have your ASPPA designation, you will be required to begin pursuing it immediately.
- Exceptional organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work
independently but also be part of a great team of plan administrators.
- Ability to write grammatically correct communication.
- A “friendly” can-do attitude.
- Ability to think “outside the box.”
How to Apply
Please email your resume and salary requirements to Allyson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)