“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Employee Benefits Consultant
in Remote / Chicago IL
The Employee Benefits Consultant is responsible for helping clients with the oversight, management, planning and compliance of employee benefit plans and activities. Advanced technical skills with employee benefit programs and
compensation-related areas, along with superior qualified retirement plan skills. This role will have the individual spend most of their time with retirement plans and the rest with various other employee benefit programs, such as health & welfare
plans. Being pro-active and having passion for the role with a desire to make a meaningful contribution to growing the employee benefits practice is preferred.
- Review Form 5500 and 8955-SSA returns timely in a
- Bring significant retirement plan questions and suggested planning opportunities to the attention of the client.
- Research and propose resolutions to technical plan compliance matters.
- Complete and
assess employer contribution allocations, plan valuations, participant statements and IRS plan compliance testing.
- Prepare client retirement plan illustrations, provide advisory plan design guidance, and prepare plan documents, as well as providing
ongoing plan document support.
- Advise the client or client director as the liaison between the actuary and client on defined benefit plan contribution matters.
- Provide mentoring and on-the-job training to Form 5500 preparers.
directors and staff with plan document and operation interpretations, and advisement on plan compliance matters.
- Provide advisory service for and preparation of governmental employee benefit plan compliance corrections (VCP, SCP, DFVC, LFPRP, etc.)
- Participate in governmental employee benefit plan examinations and represent the client before the appropriate labor and taxing authorities.
- Assist clients with various qualified retirement plan and IRA rollovers, RMD
calculations and trust interpretations for the account owners and beneficiaries.
- Develop the ability to recognize contribution opportunities, compliance issues, and expanded service opportunities with existing clients.
- Participate in the
firm’s practice development efforts through involvement with referral sources, community, and industry activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 8+ years of employee benefits
experience with majority of it working with qualified retirement plans, such as Defined Contribution and Defined Benefit plans.
- Strong technical knowledge of ERISA and IRS regulations pertaining to retirement plans.
- Prior experience in a
consulting or professional services firm.
- Experience with FT Williams (Form 5500 and Form 8955-SSA) and Go File Room (or other file management software) strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (preferably in a business
discipline, such as accounting or finance).
- ASPPA or CPA credentials strongly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines, and ability to prioritize.
- Strong communication skills, both
oral and written.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office in particular Excel and Word software.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and analyzing problems logically and comprehensively.
- Capable to perform work independently or as a
member of a team.
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential matters in a tactful and discreet manner.
- Ability to interface with a variety of management levels.
- Ability to think creatively in seeking optimal solutions for
- Flexible hours and a hybrid work model
- Dress for your day attire (jeans in the office and appropriate attire at clients)
- Tuition reimbursement on degrees of Masters in Accounting and Masters in
- Reimbursement for CPA exam
- Discounted gym membership
- Payment of CPE and professional membership costs
- Mentoring and Leadership Development Programs
- Fun firm sponsored social events
- Generous paid time
off and holiday time
- 15% referral fee for bringing in new clients
- Competitive compensation package and broad range of insurance programs
How to Apply
Please apply online or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)