View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Senior Analyst, Benefits
in Reston VA
This position supports the Corporate Headquarters benefits team with the implementation, administration and coordination of General Dynamics’ employee benefit programs. The individual
will provide critical analytical and technical support in the delivery of benefit programs. We are looking for an independent self-starter who is a strong multitasker and a resourceful results-oriented thinker.
- Ensure employee benefit health and welfare programs are administered in accordance with the plan documents and applicable regulations.
Research participant, record keeper and business unit questions/issues related to HW plans. Analyze data and various plan rules to determine appropriate resolution to non-routine situations. Work with management to escalate issues as
- Oversee day to day operations of the welfare programs (STD, LTD, Life, voluntary benefits, etc.).
- Oversee various participant appeals and document requests.
- Oversee various audit requests to ensure appropriate follow up
and resolution by deadlines. Audits include EBP audits, DOL or other governmental audits.
- Work closely with our benefits administration provider, business units, IT provider and internal payroll group to support various benefits projects
including annual enrollment and compliance-related matters or projects.
- Effectively manage multiple, complex projects and deadlines with business units, outsourced providers and third-party vendors. Projects may be annual or ad hoc in
nature. Typical projects include annual enrollment, simplification of administration, summary plan description (SPD) updates, and ACA testing, among others.
- Utilize PeopleSoft and other databases to produce detailed analyses and reports
around plan data, employee participation, eligibility criteria and other metrics.
- Develop presentations for management as needed.
- Create or review written materials and memos to be used in employee communications and regulatory
- Continuously review existing processes with a goal towards improved efficiency and accuracy. Recommend enhancements to management.
- Participate in special benefit related projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Certifications:
- BS/BA degree in Business Administration or
related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the function of the job
- Minimum 5 years of experience with administering employee benefit
programs is required.
- Experience in benefit administration outsourced environment, either as the client or the provider, is preferred.
- Up-to-date knowledge of employee benefit plans, including relevant federal and state regulations and legislation.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deal effectively
with people at all levels.
- Must possess excellent attention to detail, analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
simultaneously while adapting to changing priorities in a faced paced deadline oriented environment.
- Must possess professionalism, discretion, and good judgment.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must be able
to work with little direction and handle several complex projects successfully and simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and under general supervision with outsourced providers and
related third-party vendors.
- Must be fully proficient in MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated by start date unless medical or religious exceptions
- Must be willing to work in the CHQ office Monday through Friday during regular business hours.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)