View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Senior Analyst, Benefits (Retirement Plans)
in Reston VA
As a member of the General Dynamics Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) benefits team, you will administer, research and coordinate General Dynamics’ employee retirement benefit programs (401(k)
and Pension Plans). In this role, you will provide critical analyses to the benefits team to ensure timely, efficient and accurate handling of benefit operations for programs that impact our employees globally.
- Ensure employee retirement benefit programs (401(k) and pension programs) are administered in accordance with the plan documents and
- Research participant, record keeper and business unit questions/issues related to DB and DC plans. Analyze data and various plan rules to determine appropriate resolution. Work with management to escalate issues as
- Oversee various audit requests to ensure appropriate follow up and resolution by deadlines. Audits include EBP audits, DOL or other governmental audits.
- Work closely with our benefits administration provider, actuaries, IT
provider and internal payroll group to support various benefits projects including compliance-related matters or projects, annual administration, plan changes and analysis and historical research.
- Effectively manage multiple, complex projects and
deadlines with business units, outsourced providers and third-party vendors. Projects may be annual or ad hoc in nature. Typical projects include non-discrimination testing, 401(k) eligibility analysis, summary plan description (SPD) updates,
plan mergers, and annual filing requirements, among others.
- Utilize PeopleSoft and other databases to produce detailed analyses and reports around plan data, employee participation, eligibility criteria and other metrics. Develop
presentations for management as needed.
- Create or review written materials and memos to be used in employee communications and regulatory mailings.
- Assist management with presentations and analyses to GD Investment Committee as well as
annual proxy reporting.
- Continuously review existing processes with a goal towards improved efficiency and accuracy. Recommend enhancements to management.
- Participate in special benefit related projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Certifications:
- BS/BA degree in Business Administration or
related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform essential functions of the role
- Minimum 5 years of related
experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform essential functions of the role.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with administering employee retirement benefit programs is
- Experience in benefit administration outsourced environment, either as the client or the provider, is preferred.
- Up-to-date knowledge of employee benefit plans, including relevant federal and state regulations and legislation.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deal effectively
with people at all levels.
- Must possess excellent attention to detail, analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills, including research as applicable.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to
prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously while adapting to changing priorities in a faced paced deadline-oriented environment.
- Must possess professionalism, discretion, and good judgment.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and customer
- Must be able to work with little direction and handle several complex projects successfully and simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and under general
supervision with outsourced providers and related third-party vendors.
- Highly collaborative and team oriented.
- Must be fully proficient in MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated by start date unless medical or religious exceptions apply.
- Must be willing to work in the CHQ office Monday through Friday during regular business
GD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)