View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Relationship Manager for Non-Qualified Retirement Plans
in Remote / AZ / CA / CO / FL / GA / IA / IL / KS / MA / MD / MI / MN / MO / NC / NJ / NY / OH / SC / TX / VA / WI
Who We Are
Newport helps companies offer their associates a more secure financial future through retirement plans, insurance and consulting services. Newport offers comprehensive plan solutions and consulting expertise to plan
sponsors and the advisors who serve them. As a provider and partner, Newport is independent, experienced and responsive.
JOB SUMMARY: The Non-Qualified Relationship Manager manages multiple
large and complex accounts, some of which are across multiple business lines. This position partners with sales to formulate strategy on new business opportunities and actively participates in all stages of the finalist process to position Newport as
the clients’ provider of choice.
- Location: This position is remote with as needed travel to clients and/or a Newport office.
What You Will Do:
- Develops and maintains relationships with plan sponsors and human
resources contacts of assigned clients to become their provider for information and resources.
- Acts as a liaison between Intermediary/Producer and the client to ensure provision of services by identifying and resolving areas of confusion and
ensuring compliance with contractual requirements.
- Verifies accuracy and completeness of initial documents, agreements and materials and obtains necessary approvals. Verifies receipt of signed Service Agreement, ensures accurate fees structure and
proper initiation of billing system.
- Communicates and coordinates activities to finalize the implementation of new client accounts; ensures seamless transition to Newport’s administrative services including, set up of client activity database
reflecting agreed to deliverables.
- Client advocate - identifies areas of client sensitivity or unique requirements. Ensures Master Calendar and Plan Information Guide servicing entries reflect client requirements and expectations.
and monitors client accounts; ensures completion of all client service deliverables in a timely, accurate and consistent manner. Communicates any enhancements of internal systems and/or processes for Plan administration. Works with vendors to investigate
and resolve transaction issues, takes required action and notifies client of resolution.
- Documents and updates all key client activity and associated deliverables in workflow management system.
- Monitors and manages billing process and
receipt of payments. Ensures the accuracy of invoices and the proper crediting of payments. Investigates and resolves significant billing related issues.
- Periodically coordinates plan asset rebalance process with Accounting Services, initiates
requisite transfers in keeping with contractual and service goals. Works with outside investment managers and/or insurance carrier contacts to monitor allocation changes and ensure proper reporting.
- Develops presentation materials and actively
participates in annual plan review meetings.
- Organizes list of recommendations and enhancements, contributes to the development, updating and enhancement of materials associated with presentation, enrollment, new client communications and
administration of new or changed plans.
- Provides client with relevant legislative and industry updates.
- Provides mentoring, counseling and coaching to new associates or Plan Administrators by explaining work, providing direction and/or
technical guidance as needed or requested.
Required Education, Experience and Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- 10+ years of retirement industry experience with 5-7 years direct experience
in client relationship management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels of management, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical
concepts utilizing current spreadsheet and accounting database software programs.
Preferred (but not required) education or skills for this role are
- Bachelor's degree in Business
Administration from an accredited four-year college or university
- Detail oriented
- Relationship building
- Written and verbal communication
- Team Player
- problem solver
- critical thinking
TRAVEL: Up to 25%.
this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Newport offers for employment are conditioned upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education
records, background investigation, and/or credit check and fingerprints.)
Newport unequivocally rejects racism and discrimination of any kind and fosters an environment of belonging to provide access and opportunity for all. As an Equal
Opportunity Employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis
covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)