“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Senior Retirement Specialist
Establish and maintain relationships with assigned retirement plan clients in order to achieve or exceed client service and retention standards. Assist the sales consultants with the new business onboarding
process. Begin to establish leadership / training qualities on the advisor team.
Job Function 1: Client Service - 70%
- Manage client relationships (advisor /
broker, TPA, wholesaler, plan sponsor, etc.) by working to resolve complex service issues to ensure client satisfaction/retention.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships and open lines of communication with internal and external
- Produce and review annual review data with clients, advisors and wholesalers.
- Communicate with clients, advisors / brokers, and TPAs to proactively identify and manage expectations, needs, and concerns.
- Respond to all email
and voicemail inquires with tactful, accurate, and timely responses.
- Problem solves a variety of complex situations involving business and/or client needs.
- Keep supervisor and sales executive informed of sensitive issues or special projects
pertaining to clients.
- Assist salesforce in retention analysis. Recommend fee changes as necessary, including fee increases or decreases depending on client needs, demands, and complexity.
- Research and resolve third party payments and
questions (advisor, broker (B-50), TPA, wholesaler, etc.).
- Coordinate fund amendment process timeline. Work through fund availability issues and coordinate delivery of supporting documents and enrollment packet materials, if
- Facilitate external fee changes (advisors, TPAs and wholesalers) by properly updating fee schedules, disclosures, and all applicable systems.
- Understand how the recordkeeping systems operate (Omni, AddVantage, Global Revenue and
Sponsor / Participant websites) and report information to effectively service plans.
Job Function 2: Onboarding - 20%
- Work with sales consultants to initiate new business takeover
- Finalize fund line-ups and model portfolios with client, advisor and fund wholesaler.
- Work with broker / client to complete new plan specification form.
- Facilitate conversion timeline discussions with client, advisor, TPAs
- Discuss education materials and enrollment meeting dates with advisor / client.
- Finalize the collection process for internal and external fees.
- Provide all new business details to underwriting
Job Function 3: Leadership and Training – 5%
- Occasional training and support to members of the advisor team.
Job Function 4: Teamwork and
Productivity - 5%
- Provide backup to supervisor, sales consultants, and team members for plan sponsor, advisor, TPA and other independent producer telephone calls, emails, and other requests.
- Foster a positive work environment and
support co-workers in achievement of departmental goals. Treat all co-workers professionally.
- Participate in company and departmental meetings.
- Establish work objectives and priorities to perform work in a cost-effective manner. Make
recommendations for ways to increase productivity and decrease staff overtime.
- Proactively suggest changes in procedures, forms, and checklists to reduce account errors.
- Properly double check work of self and team members to minimize
rework. Ensure work is reviewed by your supervisor / team lead as needed.
- 3+ years of experience in defined contribution industry or financial services
company, preferably in recordkeeping or administration.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with advisors / brokers and third-party vendors preferred.
- Strong written / oral
communication and organization skills.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Available to work extra hours to cover peak workloads and other business needs.
- Ability to prioritize with a high level of commitment to accuracy and
- Strong analytical skills.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and other related systems.
- High attention to detail.
- Approachable and
- Adapts to a fast paced, changing environment.
- Self-motivated and a strong desire to take initiative.
Physical Demands - Must be met with or without a reasonable
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer / laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may
also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)