View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Senior Retirement Compliance Analyst
in Kingwood TX
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their
worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits,
401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
Senior Compliance Analyst
We are currently
seeking a Senior Compliance Analyst to join our team.
This position is responsible for all compliance aspects of 401(k) plan administration, including plan document creation and maintenance,
nondiscrimination testing, participant benefit allocations, Form 5500 preparation, independent audit support, and various other tasks associated with 401(k) plan administration.
Under limited supervision and
- Reviews prospective business for suitability and plan design, making sure that regulatory required protected benefits are maintained and all plan provisions, accounts and contribution sources can be successfully supported
and administered before accepting prospect as new business.
- Manages the execution of and performs annual and interim nondiscrimination testing for an assigned caseload of individual 401(k) plans, including participant benefit allocations, and
preparation of the written communication of results to the client.
- Prepares annual Internal Revenue Service Form 5500 and Form 8955-SSA accurately and timely by the IRS imposed deadlines for an assigned caseload of individual 401(k)
- Prepares annual audit assistant packages for plans subject to independent accountant’s opinion, including responding to audit related inquiries.
- Prepares legal plan document/adoption agreements, plan restatements, mandatory and
optional plan amendments, and associated required participant notices using third party plan document administration software, assuring that all documents are complete and the appropriate provisions selected can be successfully supported and administered
by Insperity Retirement Services.
- Advises and directs other team members with complex controlled group business structures, and the potential compliance risk and impact to individual 401(k) plans administered by Insperity Retirement
- Creates all required plan sponsor and participant disclosures, using a variety of web-based applications common to the 401(k) plan industry.
- Provides technical expertise on advanced technical issues to Insperity Retirement
Services' plan consultants, operations personnel, Insperity client services, and to clients directly.
- Monitors legislative changes for potential required amendments for all 401(k) plans administered by Insperity Retirement
- Serves as a compliance resource for sales representatives during the prospecting and on-boarding phases of the client relationship.
- Serves as a back-up to other team members, including transaction and implementation
- Assists with identification, development and implementation of process improvements to allow the performance of compliance related plan administration tasks to be performed more effectively and efficiently, including the
ability to perform tasks in bulk, as opposed to plan-by-plan.
- Manages the execution of various tasks with a regulatory compliance deadline, including minimum required distributions to participants, annual required contribution calculations, review
of domestic relations orders, hardship distributions and other tasks or financial transactions as needed.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or
industry specific equivalent experience is required.
- Four to seven years of experience in defined contribution plan administration field is required.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
Industry related professional
designation preferred, but not required. An expected commitment to pursue a professional designation with either American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries (ASPPA) or National Institute of Pension Administrators (NIPA) in order to further
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Possesses technical competence of the various types of retirement plans and the related laws that govern them, including ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code and Department of Labor regulations,
with a primary focus on 401(k) plans.
- Experience with one or more of the following applications: Relius Documents, ASC Documents, 5500 and Compliance Testing, and OmniPlus or other industry recognized recordkeeping systems.
- Experience with
multiple employer plans, and/or the professional employer organization (PEO) industry a strong plus.
- Ability to independently research information via common industry resources such as ERISA Outline Book, Pension Answer Book, etc.
to detail, and the ability to analyze data to assure accuracy and expose data trends to avoid widespread inaccuracy of reporting.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, with Access knowledge a plus.
- Strong aptitude with
balancing and reconciling financial activity.
- Ability to work independently and in groups, prioritize deadline oriented projects, and work effectively to manage and monitor multiple tasks.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally
and in writing, and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment, familiar with modern office methods, practices, procedures and equipment, as well as filing systems and business letter writing and competent in
correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)