View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Director of Finance
NYCDC of Carpenters Benefit Funds
in New York NY
Title: Director of Finance
Reports to: Executive Director
- Oversee, seek approval of, and implement annual (FYE June 30th)) budget process for the Fund Office and Carpenters Training
- Direct the timely and accurate preparation of financial reports for review by Board of Trustees, as well as internal management and cash flow reports and numerous regulatory filings.
- Coordinate audit activities with external
auditors as well as regulatory/tax authorities.
- Supervise the daily operating activities of the Accounting, Information Technology, Employer Services and Human Resources departments.
- Develop, monitor and maintain system(s) of internal
- Ensure adequate documentation supporting approved operating expenses and approve all check disbursements.
- Coordinate activities with the Investment Consultant.
- Monitor cash flow to ensure funds are sufficient/available to
meet benefit, operating and cash call/investment requirements.
- Lead the development and use of best practice policies, practices and tools that ensure a well-controlled yet flexible organization with strong fiscal and project management skill
- Remain current on evolving tax and regulatory requirements and maintain an open dialogue on these issues with Plan Counsel and external CPA firm(s).
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Act as a resource
to all Senior Management in implementing and maintaining critical operating metrics, provide project support as needed across all departments and ensure internal control protocols are properly communicated and monitored.
- Act as a liaison between
the Fund Office and various Plan service professionals/advisors (Plan Actuaries/Consultants, External Auditors, Plan Counsel and Investment Consultants/Managers)
- Research and review various routine accounting, tax or ERISA plan reporting
- Maintain and review all relevant investment documentation to support annual investment valuation chart review.
- Monitor Grants Department activities and ensure compliance with Federal reporting requirements.
and monitor all Benefit Fund cost sharing arrangements and ensure timely reimbursements.
- Seek to develop operating efficiencies to reduce costs
- Act as a confidential resource to the Executive Director on various and ever evolving
- Track operating and financial metrics to insure efficient and financially sound operations.
- Develop and ensure timely production of various financial and operating reports and present to Board of Trustees as needed.
numerous confidential Board of Trustees and Committee meetings.
- Provide developmental opportunities and performance feedback to direct reports/related staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in
Business/Accounting; Master’s degree in accounting or MBA preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- Seven to ten years’ experience in the administration of Taft-Hartley Plans.
- Leadership skills with steadfast resolve and
- Exceptional verbal, written and financial communication skills.
- Familiarity and currency with accounting, regulatory and tax issues.
While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear in person or by telephone, use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate computers and other standard office equipment and reach with hands or arms. Accommodations will be made as needed
for an employee who has physical limitations.
How to Apply
To apply, please send resumes to email@example.com
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)