View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Benefits Determination Supervisor [Retirement Plans]
Wespath Benefits and Investments
in Glenview IL
Wespath Benefits and Investments, recognized as a 2017-2020 Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and a 2018-2020 National Best and Brightest Companies to Work For®, has an opportunity for a Benefits
Determination Supervisor in our Customer Service department. This position supervises our Retirement team, RMD Analyst and Batch Processing team.
The Supervisor manages a team responsible for assisting participants who are ready to retire
and want to start receiving their benefits from our Defined Contribution and Defined Benefits retirement plans and the annual RMD process. The Supervisor is responsible for ongoing delivery to ensure high-quality service for participants. This
includes call quality management, scheduling, delegating work to meet deliverables, and tracking the status of outstanding issues. Additionally, the Supervisor is responsible for recruiting, developing, and training their employees. The
Supervisor also manages to department and organizational policies as well as the Customer Service Performance Standards.
More specifically, the Benefits Determination Supervisor will have the opportunity to:
- Work with all
Customer Service teams to achieve goals.
- Respond to escalated phone calls from participants, beneficiaries, conferences and plan sponsors; resolve escalated participant issues.
- Monitor dashboard measures for Benefits Determination unit to
proactively manage daily, weekly, monthly peaks in workloads.
- Process and approve secured transactions.
- Identify, plan, and manage process improvement projects to create efficiencies in operational workloads.
- Manage daily and annual
activity for Benefits Determination (i.e. Retirement Season, Tax Withholding Solicitation, Tax Reporting, Required Minimum Distributions, Survivor benefit processing) to ensure end results are delivered with high quality and on time.
- Ensure service
level commitments are maintained by the team.
- Ensure accuracy and efficiency in the processing of participant transaction in accordance with plan documents, regulatory policies and quality standards.
- Lead the team to achieve key operating
goals defined in the Customer Service Performance Standards, through coaching, teamwork, use of workflow and technology, and judicious use of performance metrics.
- Ensure documentation processing is accurate and complete.
- In partnership with
the Quality team, assess and identify training needs. Ensure delivery of training and support development of direct reports.
- Evaluate overall performance and provides feedback and coaching to all Benefit Determination Specialists including
monthly call quality and task evaluations.
- Foster positive working relationships across the team, department and organization and participates in engagement activities.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of database applications, work policies
- Participate in and serve in leadership roles on cross-functional and organization-wide projects that support strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrate knowledge and familiarity with internal
- Associate's degree in business or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience working in customer service in the employee
- Past management or supervisory experience in a customer service or call center environment.
- Working knowledge of Defined Benefit, Defined Contribution, 403(b) and 401(k) pension plans.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Working knowledge of Welfare plans.
- Experience with OMNI application.
What Do We Offer Our Employees?
- Medical, dental, vision
and well-being benefits from our HealthFlex Exchange on day one.
- 8% employer contribution to retirement plan with an additional match up to 2% on day one.
- 22 days of PTO + 11 paid holidays
- First shift work schedule with opportunity
to work from home
- Dress-for-Your Day dress code
- Plus other benefits!
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)