View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Defined Benefit Administrator
Section 1: Position Summary
Serve as a resource to plan sponsors and financial advisors for matters related to defined benefit and defined contribution ERISA compliance, plan design and governmental reporting. Use experience and
knowledge to serve as a resource to internal associates. This position serves as the retirement plan expert on DC and DB plans on testing, 5500, loans and distributions and understands plan design and can assist on plan operation and document updates. A
Senior Defined Benefit Plan Consultant is able to handle client meetings both in person and via phone.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as technical resource for Consultants and
- Provide superior customer service, including problem solving with minimal inconvenience to clients
- Provide effective and timely verbal and written communications in a clear, concise and informative written manner
- Assist the
client with all initial and ongoing plan design and document support
- Assist the client in meeting all IRS and Department of Labor deadlines necessary for qualified retirement plan
- Maintain up-to date knowledge of present legislation and
proposed legislative changes with regard to ERISA law through self study and company-sponsored training sessions
- Responsible for most all aspects of actuarial valuation reports, participant statements, Annual Funding Notice, and AFTAP
- Review or perform, as needed, the annual testing for plans, including ADP/ACP, Top Heavy, 410(b), 415, 401(a)(4), 401(a)(26), deductibility, and 402(g)
- Prepare benefit calculations and review distribution
- Review loan paperwork and coordinate processing of loans with asset holder
- Review or prepare Form 5500, draft Schedule SB for actuary, and coordinate with plan sponsor to help ensure timely filing
- Review or prepare annual
PBGC premium filings
- Assist in preparation of PBGC termination filings
- Assist auditors if a plan is subject to an annual audit
- Under the direction of leadership, assist IRS, DOL and PBGC auditors, if the plan is subject to an
IRS, DOL or PBGC audit
- Coordinate with all applicable parties, both internal and external, to ensure accurate takeover process for new clients including set up to match prior valuation
- As applicable, work with Actuarial Analysts, Enrolled
Actuaries, or independently to coordinate and oversee activities that will ensure timely and accurate completion of a large book of business
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus
to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and
Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge
- Bachelors degree required. Math related degree preferred.
- Minimum 6 years of ERISA defined benefit and defined contribution experience in the retirement industry
- Experience in analysis of financial data
- Cash Balance Plan experience highly preferred.
- QPA, QKA, CPC and / or actuarial exam progress preferred
- Experience in Relius software desirable, but not required
- Strong Word, Excel, and Outlook skills
written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize, manage tasks and meet in connection with business operations, including related ERISA compliance
- Ability to effectively plan and assign work and supervise support staff
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we
put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 10 million
Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ancestry, race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or
related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information,
sexual orientation, criminal conviction record or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Status”).
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)