View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Senior Legal Content Specialist- Benefits Law
Bloomberg Industry Group
in Arlington VA
Strong legal research skills enabling tracking of legal developments for incorporation into existing or new content in assigned topic area. Performs complex legal analysis, legal writing, and tagging of assigned content. Assists the Practice Lead in
determining, coordinating and prioritizing coverage. May review and edit work of Content Specialists or Legal Content Specialists.
Employees of this classification perform most of the
following, as assigned:
- Screens legislation, regulations, cases, and other legal developments; analyzes issues; edits, updates, and/creates new legal content.
- Identifies portions of primary source content that requires metadata
tagging to support tools and search functionality.
- Identifies tools and improved content presentations to improve platform and customer usage.
- Develops and maintains sources and professional contacts in the government and
private sectors, as assigned, to support assigned content.
- Exhibits a level of subject matter knowledge of issues in relevant legal fields sufficient to identify developments, prioritize work, and contextualize the development within assigned
- Recognizes and identifies new or emerging areas for potential content or coverage.
- Stays abreast of and effectively uses software, electronic resources and other tools to perform the job effectively.
- Remains aware
of the competitive landscape, including a general understanding of tools and coverage of competitors.
- Acts as back-up to the Assistant Practice Lead.
- Coaches less experienced Content Specialists or Legal Content Specialists.
as a resource for others contributing to same or related practice area(s).
- Assists management in the identification and recruitment of potential outside-authored subject matter and authors.
- Communicates with outside authors regarding
content preparation through meetings and written and oral correspondence.
- Stays abreast of and effectively uses electronic resources and other tools to perform the job efficiently.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties,
- Demonstrated high level of subject matter knowledge, including mastery of legal research, analysis, and writing in international, federal, and/or state regulatory,
legislative, and judicial processes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in independently carrying out highest level assignments and writing projects within deadlines. Prioritizes developments appropriately.
- Edits work of other content
specialists and outside authors proficiently.
- Communicates regularly with authors on projects and helps develop content in conjunction with authors.
- Maintains high awareness of customer needs and has the ability to assist with customer
questions and comments.
- Demonstrates proficiency in use of our publishing tools and other technology effectively with training.
- Proficiency in use of Bloomberg Law to optimize presentation and functionality of
- Demonstrates proficiency with online publishing system, including the ability to optimize documents (tagging and linking) for electronic platforms.
- Demonstrates creativity and resourcefulness in using and integrating
platform tools in assigned content.
- Superior editing, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Proven ability to interact and collaborate effectively with colleagues, outside authors, and others.
- Excellent verbal and
written communication skills.
- Thinks creatively and communicates ideas effectively.
Education and Experience:
- Juris Doctor. Certifications in assigned practice area preferred where
available. Relevant coursework and/or experience in assigned subject areas preferred.
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience in some combination of legal writing and/or legal practice. Background in tax, ERISA or the affordable care act
- Candidates may be required to pass a test for this position.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)