View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Plan Benefits Administrator (Part-Time)
Compass Retirement Consulting Group, Inc.
in Telecommute / Stratham NH
Compass Retirement Consulting Group and Compass 360 are third party administration firms that provide employers with retirement plan design, administration, actuarial services, and ongoing plan consulting. Compass
360 is the Fiduciary arm of the group. We create and nurture a partnership with our clients to understand their needs and create retirement programs that integrate with the financial and human resources goals. We have offices in Stratham, NH
and Concord, NH and offer a flexible work schedule, casual work environment and competitive benefits package.
As a Retirement Plan Benefits Administrator, you will be responsible for working with clients
and other staff members to ensure timely completion of annual plan testing, valuations, calculations, and the completion and filing of required IRS forms. This will require that you work directly with our clients, advisors, auditors (DOL/IRS and
others) to ensure that information is accurate, and all deadlines are met.
This is a part-time position (15 - 25 hours/week) with flexible but regular hours or schedule required.
- Review plan documents and service agreements for new clients and upload required information into Datair software.
- Communicate directly with clients to ensure annual census and other required plan information is
- Download necessary information on plan assets for assigned clients from vendor websites.
- Perform annual testing (ADP/ACP, 402(g), Top Heavy determination, 410(b), etc.) accurately and
- Prepare and complete annual valuations.
- Calculate employer contributions and true-up contributions accurately and timely.
- Perform other required projections, tests, and calculations as needed.
- Complete and file required government forms (Form 5500, 5330, 5558, etc.) as needed accurately and timely as required.
- Assist with processing distribution and loan requests.
- Upload vesting information to
vendor websites and ensure data is accurate.
- Identify 70.5 and force out distributions for balances under $5,000.
- Other tasks as requested.
Attributes & Competencies:
Degree in accounting, finance, or related field with 3+ years of related experience in retirement plan management, customer service, and financial services
- working knowledge of the various types of retirement plans and the IRS and DOL regulations
pertaining to them
- proven customer service and relationship management skills to build relationships with assigned client base for the long-term
- strong verbal and written communications skills using clear and grammatically correct
- the ability to problem solve, be pro-active, and demonstrate initiative
- robust time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task required
- comprehensive knowledge and understanding of
retirement plans and payroll processing platforms
- ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- superb attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines
- experience using Datair, Pension Pro,
Excel, and other retirement plan verification and calculation software platforms required.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)