View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Client Relationship Consultant
Manage client services and relationships to create “raving fan” clients that rate us a 4.5 out of 5 on the annual client survey, pay us quickly and are profitable. You are an outstanding colleague by working with others within Client Services, and other
teams (e.g., Compliance, Investment Services, Marketing & Sales and Operations) within the guidelines outlined by our Kravitz Core Values.
Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for
protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Achieve above 4+ average ratings on client survey forms. Maintain a good relationship with each client.
- Retain all existing profitable clients and prevent attrition of this type of client.
- Work to improve
profitability of non-profitable clients by increasing fees or helping them find a new consulting firm.
- Complete Annual Client Review form for all clients, with a formal conference call or face-to-face meeting. Make a point of going through the
exercise to make sure that you have addressed all items on the client review form on an annual basis.
- Watch for changes of the clients’ needs and expectations.
- Watch for changes taking place within clients’ firm.
- Be the main contact
at Kravitz for our clients, advisors, CPAs and attorneys who are involved with the plans for strategic plan issues.
- Be the first to be contacted by a client when they have consulting/strategic issues regarding the plans.
- Identify and define
clients’ problems. Listen for problems that client is facing and find a way to provide appropriate solutions for them.
- Seek out consulting opportunities by always look for opportunities to provide additional services and consulting to clients and
bill for the services.
- Be proactive and contact clients regarding upcoming events or issues, including changes at vendors and changes in the law and regulations that may affect their plans and let them know that you are thinking about them at all
Managing Your Book of Business
- Achieve above 4+ average ratings on internal timeliness survey form.
- Work with an assigned Specialist(s) to get Normal
Recurring Services done within our service standards (e.g., six weeks for completing IRS testing, etc.).
- Follow-up data, trust, documents etc. necessary to complete the work in a timely fashion and minimize rushes.
- Assign appropriate tasks
in Workflow and manage due dates with clients and specialists.
- Work with assigned Specialist and/or Compliance Team subgroups (e.g., loan and withdrawals, plan documents, etc.) to get Other Services done by agreed upon due date with
- Have the agreed upon number of face-to-face client meetings each year. Promote meetings by calling on clients to see if they can meet with you at our office or theirs. Offer them lunch, if appropriate.
- Provide answers and solutions
to problems that Specialists encounter. Address the issues right away, do not create work bottleneck for other team members working on your clients.
- Delegate administrative functions of the daily routine and manage the work delegated to your
administrative assistant to get the work done
- Enter consulting time in time keeping system daily.
- Manage a book of business as defined in your annual goals (current range is from $750,000 to
- Ensure client service (fee) agreements are up-to-date.
- Complete billing by processing your draft billing summary (DBS) within 5 business days of receipt from Accounting and processing traditional invoices within 10 business
days of receipt from Accounting. All billing, including adjustment forms should be done via paperless processes.
- Identify and determine the write-up/write-off amounts. Bill toward the budget of normal recurring services and other services outside
of normal recurring services appropriately.
- Communicate and work out billing issues with the President. Determine whether the budget is too high or too low, indicate any extra time that is not billable with the reasons identified and suggest
- Prepare Client Authorization Forms for additional special service projects.
- Collect billing by working with assigned Accounting Specialist. Monitor the Aging report and follow up when talking with the client and outstanding
invoices. Ideal days-sales-outstanding (DSO) is less than 35 days.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES - Internal
- Training Needs
- Consider attending at least one outside retirement services seminar a year (e.g. ASPPA, etc.),
per agreed upon Learning & Professional Development Plan. Refer to the firm’s policy on attending seminars.
- Attend appropriate internal Kravitz training sessions.
- Keep up to date of all aspects of retirement plan and/or investment
consulting by reading circulated emails and papers on technical/investment issues.
- Internal Process Improvement
- Suggest ideas to improve our processes. Discuss challenges that you face with your supervisor at any time. Suggest constructive
solutions to those challenges. Share your ideas amongst your peers.
- Provide feedback for other employees’ and your own One-to-One meetings by the due date requested.
- Provide back up to other teams as necessary.
- Other work as
assigned via Committees and/or Taskforces.
- Promote/sell additional special services to existing clients.
- Meet when possible with centers of influence
- Call on prospects as necessary with or without sales
team to close the business.
- Attend meetings/seminars to build relationships with influential people.
- If defined in annual goals, close an agreed amount of first year billings from new clients
- Assist with other tasks and projects as
Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Five to ten years of experience in the retirement plan industry
- Excellent understanding of plan administration, compliance testing and pension
- At least three years of hands on experience with defined contribution (401(k)) plans, including record keeping and vendor issues if working primarily with defined contribution plans.
- At least three years of hands on actuarial work with
defined benefit plans, including cash balance plans if working primarily with defined benefit plans. Includes excellent understanding of funding methods and valuations.
- May have to travel via car to visit clients in Southern California
have to travel via car or airplane to visit clients outside of Southern California, where an overnight stay is required.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Good business sense to understand clients’ business needs
- Comfortable working with numbers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking, on the phone and presentation skills
- Excellent delegation skills
- Excellent computer
skills in Excel, Word and Notes
- Intermediate sales/negation skills
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit for long periods (up to 8 hours per day).
- Must be able to work on a computer 8 hours per day (includes looking at a
monitor, and typing using a keyboard and mouse).
- Able to use computer and talk on telephone at the same time.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds (e.g., files, laptop w/projector, etc.)
- B.A./B.S. preferred
- Working towards ASPPA’s CPC designation preferred.
- If working on DB plans, have knowledge base of an Enrolled Actuary (EA) – EA preferred.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on
people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 10 million Americans save for
retirement and college.
Ascensus provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ancestry, race,
color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic
characteristics), marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, criminal conviction record or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local laws (“Protected
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)