View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Sr. Retirement Plans & Benefits Analyst
in Boston MA
Make an impact at Goodwin, where we partner with our clients to practice law with integrity, ingenuity, agility and ambition. Our 1,200-plus lawyers across the United States, Europe and Asia excel at complex transactions, high-stakes
litigation and world-class advisory services in the technology, life sciences, real estate, private equity and financial industries. Our unique combination of deep experience serving both the innovators and investors in a rapidly-changing,
technology-driven economy sets us apart. Also a global destination for business professionals, Goodwin’s team of professional staff was named in 2019 the “Best Business Team” by The American Lawyer.
As the Sr. Retirement
Plan & Benefits Analyst, you will work under the direction of the Manager, Retirement Plan & Benefits to administer the firm's defined contribution 401(k) plans as well as the partner cash balance plan and all partner health and welfare benefit
The Sr. Retirement Plan and Benefits Analyst will play an active role in implementing various projects and initiatives for the Benefits Department, and will also provide assistance to the Manager, Benefits when
What you do:
- Assists with the management of the activities of the retirement savings plans and cash balance plans’ custodians, record keeper, actuary and trustees.
- Responds to
day-to-day participant requests and inquiries. Reviews additions and terminations to the plans. Maintains accurate records and files pertaining to the retirement plans, cash balance plans and partner benefits plans.
- Reconciles files and
coordinates funding for U.S. retirement plan contributions and loans each pay period.
- Reconciles, uploads and arranges funding for monthly U.K. pension scheme contributions.
- Processes monthly partner benefit billing.
benefits orientations for onboarding U.S. partners and fill in for U.K. benefits orientations when necessary. Recommends presentation or content enhancements.
- Maintains and revises technical and administrative specifications of the plans including
updating and posting appropriate documents on the iNet. Keeps self-apprised of current and potential legislation governing the firm’s retirement plans.
- Recommends and implements improvements to existing internal audit procedures, as
well as develops and implements new internal audit procedures to insure accuracy of benefits enrollments and compliance with state and federal laws.
- Assists with the preparation of all reporting, including but not limited to Form 5500s, Summary
Annual Reports, non-discrimination testing and auditing.
- Assists with annual retirement plan audits.
- With oversight from the Manager, Retirement Plan & Benefits, calculates the annual 401(k) firm contribution and communicates
accordingly to all participants.
- Assists with annual partner 401(k) contribution election campaign.
- Assists in the administration of the retiree medical program including enrollment, termination, and setting up and monitoring of
- Assists in the administration of all partner health and welfare benefit plans which include: health, dental, life, LTD, supplemental LTD and Umbrella Liability insurances.
- Assists with administration of partner leaves of
- Responds to partner financial advisor data requests.
- Coordinates 401(k) and wellness seminars.
- Assists with the preparation and management of the department budget.
- Assist with all aspects of the annual open
enrollment process, including active participation in the firm-wide health fairs.
- Assists in the writing/creation of communication pieces such as open enrollment guides, web page content, etc.
- Provides support and back-up for other team
members, when necessary.
- Assists in special projects as necessary and performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree a
- 3-5+ years of experience in defined benefit and defined contribution plan administration in a consulting, human resources or financial services environment.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills necessary to
articulate to partners, employees and retirees the features and requirements of the firm's retirement benefit programs and cash balance plan for partners.
- Understanding of the stock markets and investments, such as mutual funds, money market
accounts and interest on investments.
- Thorough understanding of the financial and accounting data as used in the reporting of retirement accounts and ability to analyze and interpret reports produced by record
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Workday a plus. Experience in implementing new technologies/systems a plus.
- Working knowledge of web-based computer
environment and software programs, spreadsheets, employee database (HRIS).
Goodwin Procter LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Goodwin Procter LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment
decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation,
military or veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Please note: Various agencies of the United States government require employers to collect information on applicants and employees. The National Association of Law Placement (NALP) and
certain clients request us to keep track of certain aggregate information regarding lawyers. EEO information requested on this application is for purposes of compliance with these recordkeeping and reporting requirements and to determine recruiting and
employment patterns. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)