View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Account Analyst, Senior
in Telecommute / Arden Hills MN / Albert Lea MN / Grand Forks ND
Responsible for client service support, assisting the retirement account administrators in the preparation of compliance tests and assisting in reconciling and preparing Form 5500 filings.
Job Function 1: Client Service - 40%
- Provide backup to administrators for plan sponsor telephone calls, emails and other requests.
- Timely response to internal and
- Keep managers and administrators informed of sensitive client issues and special client projects.
- Proactively work to retain clients and assets.
- Assist in client feedback efforts and help identify and resolve
client service issues, as well as meet long-term client needs.
Job Function 2: Support to Compliance and Form 5500 Reporting – 40%
- Evaluate the integrity of the census data provided by clients and
resolve discrepancies accurately.
- Ensure year-end census information is accurately imported into appropriate systems.
- Possess the necessary skills to independently import more complex census information files.
- Work with
Manager/Supervisor as needed to resolve technical issues.
- Help prepare Form 5500 filings, reconciliation and Summary Annual Report for administrator’s review.
Job Function 3: Leadership and Engagement
- Actively engage in the success of Alerus Retirement and Benefits (ARB) and Alerus, promoting and supporting new and ongoing initiatives with positive active team involvement resulting in a successful outcome.
in meetings for the company, department and administration unit.
- Provide backup to other analysts and within the plan services unit.
- Provide direction to less experienced analysts.
- Foster a positive work environment and support
co-workers in achievement of departmental goals.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities on a consistent basis.
- Treat all co-workers with professionalism.
- Actively supports the use of Salesforce by documenting pertinent conversations and
emails with clients and others as applicable.
- Recognize and celebrate individual and team accomplishments.
- 3+ years experience in defined
contribution industry, preferable in recordkeeping or administration.
Excellent knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Advanced knowledge of Omni.
- Good written/oral communications, organization and client services skills
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Available to work overtime to cover peak work loads and other business needs.
relational skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making and discretion.
- Initiative, creativity and energetic active engagement in all work responsibilities.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workflow of self and others
and coordinate activity as an effective team member to meet deadlines and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Established communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated professional business skills and
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities.
Physical Demands - Must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms
and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
spend most of time in an indoor environment.
This Job Description identifies the major responsibilities of this job. It does not include all aspects of the position, such as the potential additional duties assigned by the Manager, the
requirement for flexibility in helping others, or the highly valued team-oriented approach used for the overall benefit and success of Alerus Financial.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)