View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Senior Retirement Consultant
in Telecommute / Livonia MI
*Remote location available
Represents an experienced consultant providing subject matter knowledge supporting Total Rewards Retirement, its Center of Expertise (COE), other Total Rewards Leaders, HR
Business Partners and the HR Service Center in the design, development and delivery of programs and services intended to meet the needs of Trinity Health and its colleagues. Advises, counsels and provides recommendations to executives, managers and
associates regarding Total Rewards retirement programs, projects, policies and procedures. Work assignments are completed under limited direction and reflect increased complexity, scope and decision-making and problem-solving latitude in managing
retirement project initiatives; leading project planning, coordination, integration efforts and communications activities for Mergers, Divestiture and Acquisition (MD&A) activity; and responding to and completing multiple, varied and highly technically
diverse assignments. Assignments are received in the form of results expected, where precedents may be unclear; originality, ingenuity and application of extensive knowledge of retirement benefit administration methods, practices and techniques are
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Trinity Health Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Provides consultative expertise in the
planning, defining, integrating and validating of complex and/or broad Retirement programs (i.e. qualified, non-qualified, defined contribution and defined benefit) philosophy, strategy and approach. Designs, develops, reviews and modifies, projects,
plans, policies and procedures. Develops policies and procedures, as warranted. Develops, explains and disseminates related communication materials. Engages associates in group presentations/ seminars on program, policies, changes or issues. Assists in
measuring program effectiveness and service delivery efficiency of vendors.
- Manages, oversees and coordinates day-to-day operations to ensure timely and accurate transaction processing, including but not limited to payroll processing, contribution
and loan payment processing, vendor compliance with Service Agreements; regularly interfaces with leadership to obtain and exchange information and provide clarification of administration issues; manages internal and external project resources to ensure
objectives are met; and ensures readiness of payroll systems, administration modules and interfaces to auxiliary systems to ensure the timely and accurate exchange of data.
- Leads and participates in organization-wide or Total Rewards sponsored
special projects or initiatives. Develops project plans with major milestones and critical paths to facilitate project control, as needed. Responsible for meeting scope, deadline and budget objectives. Reports project status to appropriate internal and
external clients to solicit administrative support for project success. Leads evaluation of project processes and outcomes, and recommends, develops and implements corrective actions in order to maintain quality standards and increase probability of
- Oversees service provider relationships to ensure the completion of assignments in a timely and cost-efficient manner, resolution of service and administrative disputes, and the effective and efficient reporting to leadership
for planning, analysis and operations improvement.
- Builds information management tools to improve ability to gather, analyze and report system-wide data needed to ensure cost effective retirement processes and systems solutions.
internal and external audit processes to ensure data accuracy and plan administration compliance. Identifies information and system audit opportunities. Identifies and proposes resolution to issues.
- Manages project management resources from various
Human Resources, TIS, vendor and client departments in order to meet project objectives for retirement programs and related plan administration/information services. Manages information and systems audit process to ensure data accuracy and
- Supports Merger, Divestiture and Acquisition (MD&A) activities, as directed, by consulting Business Leaders and Senior Management Partners on and assisting in defining the strategy, program philosophy and approach for the
post-MD&A organization. Assists in conducting due diligence on Total Rewards Retirement programs, policies, operations and infrastructure to support MD&A negotiations. Conducts comparative benefits plan analysis and identifies and provides
recommendations regarding system integration issues. Assists with coordinating and integrating the merged, acquired or divested organization ensuring alignment with Trinity Health culture, Total Rewards programs and policies. Oversees the implementation of
Total Rewards Retirement programs and policies for post-MD&A organizations.
- Measures and analyzes Total Rewards program and policy impact, return on investment and operational effectiveness.
- Provides informal coaching, mentoring and
guidance to all team members supporting retirement programs and projects.
- Performs other duties as needed and assigned.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of applicable Federal and State laws and regulations, Trinity Health’s
Organizational Integrity Program, Standards of Conduct, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical, and professional behavior.
- Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of Human Resources, as normally obtained through Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and
- Minimum of seven (7) years of progressively more responsibility in retirement benefits administration. Advanced knowledge and experience in fiduciary requirements, plan documents, regulatory filings, and vendor and contract management.
Retirement benefits (defined contribution, defined benefit, qualified and non-qualified plans) experience required. Prior RFP plan design experience preferred.
- In-depth experience and proficiency with various regulatory requirements, inclusive but
not limited to ERISA, IRS and PBGC, Federal and State laws, etc.
- Ability to analyze and respond to complex, variable situations requiring analytical, interpretative, evaluative and constructive thinking abilities. Advanced logical and deductive
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills in order to anticipate issues and independently generate new ideas with several alternatives to complex and broad reaching situations while applying extensive Total Rewards
- Advanced level of written and verbal communication skills and oral presentation skills for varied interactions. Influences and anticipates the needs of others while acting as a subject matter expert. Ability to coach, mentor and provide
guidance to lower level colleagues. Detail-oriented with a high level of organizational skills and ability to manage and complete work in an efficient and thorough manner.
- Proficiency in software programs including Microsoft Office. Strong Excel
skills in order to develop and maintain spreadsheets and perform data analysis.
- Must be discrete and maintain the highest confidentiality with extremely sensitive data.
- Strong interpersonal, consultative and relationship building skills in
order to initiate and develop productive working partnerships with management and staff. Ability to read the subtle nuances of situations and react/plan accordingly.
- Proven customer-service orientation. Ability to know and understand customer
requirements and exercise judgment in meeting reasonable expectations.
- Ability to support a change management and process improvement work environment. Seeks innovative ways to deliver higher value programs and services more efficiently and
- Makes effort to continuously learn and seek personal and professional growth opportunities in COE to build credibility with customers, peers and team members.
- Models behavior that enables and encourages an environment filled with
teaming and knowledge sharing to support colleague empowerment and personal growth.
- Self-directed and capable of making commitments, setting priorities and delivering on-time results. Continuous improvement mindset and a passion for measuring
results through data and metrics.
- Flexibility with the ability to handle and prioritize competing and multiple tasks / projects in a timely and organized manner.
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership
environment. Demonstrated Team Player.
- Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals, and values
of Trinity Health.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to set and organize own work priorities and adapt to them as they change frequently. Must be able to work concurrently on a
variety of tasks / projects in an environment that may be stressful with individuals having diverse personalities and work styles. Ability to concentrate, meet deadlines, work on several projects simultaneously and adapt to interruptions.
in a typical office environment. The area is well-lit, temperature controlled and free from hazards.
- Visual acuity is needed to view CRT monitor/screen. Incumbent is subject to eyestrain due to many hours spent viewing CRT monitor /
- Communicates frequently, in person and over the phone, with people in all locations on product support issues. Hearing is needed for extensive telephone and in person communication.
- Manual dexterity is needed in order to operate a
- Must be able to travel to the various Trinity Health sites as needed.
- Must possess the ability to comply with Trinity Health policies and procedures.
The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties so assigned.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)