View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Sr. Advisor, New Business Employee Benefits
National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA)
in Arlington VA
The National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA), with offices in Arlington, VA and Lincoln, NE is the trade association for over 900 consumer-owned electric cooperatives serving more than 42 million people. NRECA is committed to harnessing
the strength of America’s electric cooperatives into a single powerful voice. NRECA has won the following awards over the past few years:
- Top Workplace by the Washington Post
- 100 Best Places to Work - ComputerWorld
- 50 Best Places to Work - The Washingtonian
- CARE Award Recipient - Recognizing organizations that promote a positive work-life balance
- 50 Greatest places to Work - AARP
- Best Place to Work Award Recipient - Lincoln,
- Gold Well Workplace - Wellness Councils of America
- State of NE Governor's Wellness Award - Grower Level
At NRECA, we work with people who are leaders in their fields, they are down-to-earth, hardworking professionals
committed to helping our members serve their communities. Our work is interesting and constantly evolving and requiring new skills to meet the evolving needs of a dynamic industry. In this collegial, inclusive work environment, united around the compelling
purpose and history of electric cooperatives, we thrive. And topping it off, NRECA cares about each person’s overall well-being, encouraging health, financial security, and a sustainable work/life balance.
Sr. Advisor, New Business
This position functions as a relationship manager, project manager and business analyst supporting the critical core I&FS mission of business growth and development. The Senior
Advisor is responsible for developing and delivering professional proposal responses relative to NRECA's group and retirement products. This position serves as project lead throughout the new business quotation and implementation process,
ensuring customer satisfaction from the point of the original inquiry through the point the plan is fully active. This person is also charged with supporting the development and retention of current business by providing guidance and support on
significant benefit and plan changes. This position also provides coordination and oversight to plan terminations and de-conversions.
Purpose and Mission
- Support Insurance and Financial Services business development
efforts along with efforts to maintain current business
- Coordinate and assimilate key information relative to NRECA’s employee benefit products
- Develop and deliver formal proposal responses to cooperative management and/or third party
consultants in order to execute the formal pursuit of new business opportunities
- Serve as project lead throughout the new business implementation process
- Work with Field Staff and I&FS management to develop strategies and identify
opportunities and challenges relative to business development
- Provide technical guidance on benefit changes and pricing/funding models to cooperatives with existing business
- Support the distribution and communication of annual renewal
information to cooperatives with existing products
- Facilitate requests for rate tier changes and co-op splits and mergers
- Support business growth and development through analysis of the group insurance market and
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends by routinely reading and studying industry publications and electronic communications, and attending industry conferences and seminars to build and maintain knowledge and expertise in the
area of group insurance products
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Business Administration, Communications, Economics, Marketing, Statistics or experience in a related field
- 5+ years
experience with a major group insurance provider, broker, consultant or benefits administrator preferably in a role developing/managing proposals or serving as Account/Service Manager
- CEBS designation and/or Health and Life insurance licenses and
retirement certifications plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required (as demonstrated by prior work experience):
- Knowledge of the medical and group insurance industry, products and plan designs.
of the retirement industry, products and plan designs for 401(k), 457(b) and Defined Benefit pension plans.
- Ability to understand and articulate factors that influence rates and product pricing.
- Ability to understand and articulate premium
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and multiple projects at various stages of development using effective organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to lead people and foster collaborative skills and
consensus building while operating in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a diverse membership, employees and/or vendors in a clear and precise manner.
- Ability to be persuasive, negotiate,
and collaborate with individuals at all levels inside and outside of the organization.
- Ability to define issues, establish facts and draw valid conclusions and apply to work environment.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word,
Outlook, Power Point) in the day-to-day essential duties of the job.
- Ability to operate various office equipment such as personal computer, copier, printer, fax machine or other job related equipment.
- Ability to provide service excellence
by building relationships, being resourceful, responsive and respectful.
- Ability to travel.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to
perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Statement: The preceding job description has been written to reflect management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)