View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Plan Education Specialist
Strategic Retirement Partners
in Westerville OH
Strategic Retirement Partners (SRP) is a nationwide independent retirement plan consulting firm that advises
employers and plan fiduciaries in the understanding and fulfilment of their responsibilities to the plan, participating employees, and beneficiaries. We currently consult on over 700 retirement plans representing more than $12 billion dollars of retirement
savings belonging to tens of thousands of employees.
Overall Purpose: Responsible for providing retirement plan education and advice to participants in corporate retirement plans.
Main Duties &
- Manage the retirement plan education and advice needs for a portfolio of plan sponsor clients and meet all client education hours’ requirements.
- Analyze assigned client retirement plan
demographic information to determine where needs and opportunities exist for participant education.
- Develop and communicate an education plan for assigned clients that considers the plan demographics and any unique client
- Develop and present retirement plan education materials to participants that incorporates adult learning principles. This includes inÃ¢â‚¬Âperson formal and informal presentations, webinars, printed materials, videos, DVD’s,
- Provide retirement plan education individually to plan participants.
- Develop new retirement plan education and advice materials.
- Thoroughly understand the unique retirement plan information for all assigned
- Be a thought leader in the area of retirement plan education and advice.
- Thoroughly understand and comply with the Pension Protection Act of 2006.
Supplemental Duties and
- Help manage vendor transitions and conversions, new plan installations from start to finish.
- In the case of a vendor change, manage the notification process and create letters to prior recordkeeper, new
recordkeeper, Letter of Intents, Discontinuance of Service, Board Resolutions, prior Plan Documents and new Plan Document changes to be made, bring in Managing Director/ Plan Consultant when investment line-up is needed, save documents to Fiduciary
Archive, hold weekly calls with new client through the process and/or recordkeeper and TPA.
- General plan administration support - Work with plan sponsor and/or participants as needed. Examples include:
- Recordkeeper/TPA completes testing. Review testing, bring items of issue to Managing Director/Plan Consultant’s attention, work through action items with the plan sponsor (refunds, voluntary corrections, etc.)
Coordination – what to do with them, how to work with the lawyer, payee, coordination with vendor
- Hardship loans – what to do with them, how to work with the employee and vendor
- Rollovers – into and out of the
- Contribution issues
- General participant issues related to enrollments (when they are eligible, not eligible, included someone who should not have been)
- Changing their match – write Participant Notices and
manage through the Fiduciary Process
- Payroll/recordkeeper integration issues
- Internal Operations – manage the technology infrastructure including file organization, Fiduciary Archive, work dissemination, and
improve the overall productivity of the office.
- Ability to present complex financial, investment, ERISA and retirement planning information to clients and plan participants in a manner
that is easily understood and can be applied to their own personal situation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to make compelling formal retirement plan education presentations to
- Ability to organize, multiÃ¢â‚¬Âtask and work independently on several projects and meet deadlines.
- Skill in defining problems, collecting data, and interpreting information.
- Ability to produce
- Ability to be a critical and creative thinker, problem solve and make decisions under own initiative.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint,
- Ability to read, interpret and apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to travel independently. Some overnight travel required.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or education or trade off in experience
- Currently possess or ability to obtain appropriate securities licenses in a relatively short period of time.
- Experience presenting
complex financial and investment information to individuals and groups.
- Client service experience preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a salaried position offering 17 days of personal time
off, paid holidays, 401(k) plan with matching contribution, company-paid individual health, life and disability insurance. Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Resumes should be submitted via email to Ric Clouse email@example.com.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)