Free Daily News and Jobs
“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Plan Benefits Administrator
Compass Retirement Consulting Group/Compass 360, LLC
in Telecommute / MA / ME / NH / RI / VT
Compass Retirement Consulting Group and Compass 360 are third party administration firms that provide employers with retirement plan design, administration, actuarial services, and ongoing plan consulting. We create and nurture a partnership
with our clients to understand their needs and create retirement programs that integrate with the financial and human resources goals. We have offices in Stratham, NH and Concord, NH and offer a flexible work schedule, casual work environment and
competitive benefits package including group health, dental, vision, and 401(k) retirement plan along with PTO. Office, remote, or hybrid of the two options available.
As a Retirement Plan Benefit
Administrator, you will be responsible for working with the client to perform annual plan testing, valuations, calculations, and the completion and filing of required forms. This will require that you work directly with our clients, auditors (DOL/IRS
and others) to ensure that information is accurate, and all deadlines are met.
- Review plan documents and service agreements for new clients and upload required information into Datair
- Communicate directly with clients to ensure annual census and other required plan information is received.
- Download necessary information on plan assets for assigned clients from vendor websites.
- Perform annual testing (ADP/ACP, 402(g), Top Heavy determination, 410(b), etc.) accurately and timely.
- Prepare and complete annual valuations.
- Correct plan errors and late deferrals as needed.
failed test results to the client in a clear and concise manner to ensure the client understands results. Complete excess forms for client and follow-up with client and vendors as necessary to ensure the corrections were made.
employer contributions and true-up contributions accurately and timely.
- Perform other required projections, tests, and calculations as needed.
- Complete and file required government forms (Form 5500, 5330, 5558, etc.) as
needed accurately and timely as required.
- Upload vesting information to vendor websites and ensure data is accurate.
- Create plan termination package and follow-up through required steps including testing, distributions, and
filing find Form 5500 as required.
- Identify 70.5 and force out distributions for balances under $5,000.
- Prepare proposals for existing clients as requested by the Compass 360 Manager.
- Work directly with large plan
auditors and/or DOL/IRS auditors as requested.
- Other tasks as requested.
Attributes & Competencies:
- Bachelor Degree in accounting, finance, or related field with at least 5 years of related
experience with full cycle retirement plan administration required.
- QKA, QPA, APA or related certification or the interest in obtaining preferred.
- working knowledge of the various types of
retirement plans and the IRS and DOL regulations pertaining to them
- proven customer service and relationship management skills to build relationships with assigned client base for the long-term
- strong verbal and written communications
skills using clear and grammatically correct language
- the ability to problem solve, be pro-active, and demonstrate initiative
- robust time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- comprehensive knowledge and understanding of retirement plans and payroll processing platforms
- ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- superb attention to detail with the ability to
- experience using Datair, Relius, Pension Pro, Excel, and other retirement plan verification and calculation software platforms required.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)