View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Plan Services Manager
Growing TPA located in the northeast looking to add a dynamic team leader to build and mold the performance of a team of plan administrators.
As a Retirement Plan Services Manager, you will be responsible for
assigning and managing workflow to ensure deadlines are met and work performed meets quality and compliance expectations. This is a new position that will require flexibility with the ability to manage remote and office employees.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to travel to our office in the greater Boston area 25% of the time and work remotely from a home office the remainder of the time, but will entertain other arrangements for the right
We offer a competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and paid time off.
- Motivate, lead, and support team members to provide excellent
customer service by ensuring staff members are properly trained and respond to inquiries in a professional manner.
- Maintain knowledge regarding industry trends and legislative/regulatory requirements and changes, sharing with team members
- Proactively request information and alert clients to deadlines, plan operational and compliance matters.
- Prioritize, research, and resolve client questions related to technology, plan operation, compliance and other
- Reach out to subject matter experts when the situation demands including technology and software related questions.
- Effectively use software and other tools to plan, manage, and assign workflow and administer
- Develop alternatives that will streamline process, including the identification of opportunities for improvement, make recommendations for changes and help implement changes.
- Prepare direct written communication for
clients announcing employer contributions to retirement plans, plan errors, Summary of Material Modifications (SMM), etc.
- Perform quarterly reviews of larger plans.
- Review calculations, IRS forms, and other work to ensure accuracy and
quality standards are met.
- Manage the creation of plan termination package and follow-up through required steps including testing, distributions, and filing find Form 5500 as required.
- Assist with preparation of
proposals for new and existing clients as requested.
- Perform custom employee meetings when requested by client.
- Other tasks as requested.
- Bachelor Degree in accounting,
finance, or related field with at least 10 years of progressive related experience in retirement plan management, customer service, and/or financial services
- Experience managing and training staff effectively
- Proven customer service and
relationship management skills to build relationships with assigned client base for the long-term
- Strong verbal and written communications skills using clear and grammatically correct language
- The ability to problem-solve, be
pro-active, and demonstrate initiative
- Robust time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task required
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of retirement plans and payroll processing
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Superb attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines
- Experience using Datair, Relius, Excel, and other retirement plan verification
and calculation software platforms required.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to TPAJob2020@gmail.com
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)