View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Sr. Retirement Plan Benefits Consultant
Compass Retirement Consulting Group
in Telecommute / Stratham NH / Concord NH
Compass Retirement Consulting Group is a third party administration firm that provides
employers with retirement plan design, administration, actuarial services, and ongoing plan consulting. We create and nurture a partnership with our clients to understand their needs and create retirement programs that integrate with the
financial and human resources goals. We have offices in Stratham, NH and Concord, NH and offer a flexible work schedule, casual work environment and competitive benefits package. Work remotely or in one of our offices - your choice. The
ideal candidate would have the ability to work in our offices at least 20% of the time.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, LTD, STD, and PTO.
As a Sr. Retirement Benefits Consultant, you will be fully responsible for working with the client to perform annual plan testing, valuations, calculations, and the completion and filing of required forms. This will require
that you work directly with our clients, auditors (DOL / IRS and other) to ensure that information is accurate, and all deadlines are met.
- Review plan documents and service agreements for new
clients and upload required information into Datair software.
- Communicate directly with clients to ensure annual census and other required plan information is received.
- Download necessary information on plan assets for assigned
clients from vendor websites.
- Perform annual testing (ADP / ACP, 402(g), Top Heavy determination, 410(b), etc.) accurately and timely.
- Prepare and complete annual valuations.
- Correct plan errors and late
deferrals as needed.
- Communicate failed test results to client in a clear and concise manner to ensure the client understands results. Complete excess forms for client and follow-up with client and vendors as necessary to ensure the
corrections were made.
- Calculate employer contributions and true-up contributions accurately and timely.
- Perform other required projections, tests, and calculations as needed.
- Complete and file required
government forms (Form 5500, 5330, 5558, etc.) as needed accurately and timely as required.
- Upload vesting information to vendor websites and ensure data is accurate.
- Create plan termination package and follow-up through
required steps including testing, distributions, and filing find Form 5500 as required.
- Identify 70.5 and force out distributions for balances under $5,000.
- Prepare proposals for existing clients as requested.
directly with large plan auditors and/or DOL / IRS auditors as requested.
- Other tasks as requested.
Attributes & Competencies:
- Bachelor Degree in accounting, finance, or related field with 10+
years of related experience in retirement plan management, customer service, and financial services
- Self-starter with excellent verbal communication skills using the telephone or video conference technology
- working knowledge of
the various types of retirement plans and the IRS and DOL regulations pertaining to them
- proven customer service and relationship management skills to build relationships with assigned client base for the long-term
- strong verbal and written
communications skills using clear and grammatically correct language
- the ability to problem solve, be pro-active, and demonstrate initiative
- robust time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- comprehensive knowledge and understanding of retirement plans and payroll processing platforms
- ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- superb attention to detail with the ability to
- experience using Datair, Pension Pro, Excel, and other retirement plan verification and calculation software platforms required.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)