View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Relationship Manager
in Fargo ND
Business Advisors, Retirement Specialists are responsible for managing existing
commercial relationships and developing new opportunities with a primary focus on retirement relationships. Business Advisors deliver comprehensive financial advice to Alerus business clients by serving as their trusted primary point of contact. All
Business Advisors assist clients in their selection of Alerus products by recommending appropriate Alerus solutions to ensure the client successfully achieves their financial wellness goals. Business Advisors are expected to focus their time on developing
new business relationships with existing clients 50% and new clients 50%, approximately.
Job Function Number 1: New Business & Client Development
- Proactively solicit new business opportunities with existing retirement clients through the relationship review process including opportunities identified by CRM software.
- Deliver solutions utilizing the steps in
the Sandler process.
- Place calls to prospective retirement clients to discuss their financial needs and objectives by making outside sales calls, channel contacts, and through other forms of network building.
- Actively represent
Alerus in the marketplace by establishing a network of influencers, active involvement in community organizations (i.e. Chamber, Rotary, etc.) and participation in networking organizations.
- Utilize CRM software to track new opportunities and
schedule prospecting follow-up communication.
Job Function Number 2: Client Consultation & Service - 40%
- Effectively manage, analyze, and grow a
portfolio of business clients to provide knowledgeable advanced retirement solutions and other business services by delivering a high level of financial product expertise and support.
- Assist portfolio of business clients in identifying and
selecting treasury management, lending 401k plans, ESOP, health and welfare, payroll, wealth management, insurance and other products and financial services by serving as the primary point of contact.
- Learn client’s financial objectives and
provide comprehensive financial guidance and planning utilizing the complete set of Alerus solutions.
- Perform regular proactive relationship reviews based on complexity and product or service level on assigned portfolio.
- Evaluate a
client’s business financial needs to determine and engage the appropriate service team to meet those needs including financial advisors, financial associates and other product experts.
- Update CRM software to capture client activity, schedule
required follow-up actions, and effectively onboard clients.
- Serve business clients’ financial needs holistically across all Alerus solutions.
- Work with a team of associates to ensure an excellent client
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge encompassing retirement products and solutions.
- Actively employ/share technical knowledge of and experience with ERISA and retirement plan industry with clients and
- Apply basic/intermediate investment knowledge as it pertains to retirement plans, including asset classes, models, CIFs and target date funds.
- Be able to prepare and present investment reviews for both non-fiduciary and
- Identify opportunities to work with ARB Investment Team to present fiduciary services to clients not utilizing the service.
- Demonstrate ability to engage and interact with varying audience types including plan
participants, plan sponsors, investment committees, and peer groups.
- Produce and review annual service plan data with client.
- Conduct retention fee analysis and recommend fee changes.
- Maintain ongoing communication with client
influencers/decision makers to understand their goals/objectives and identify service concerns. Proactively and consistently present Alerus value proposition.
Job Function Number 3: Professional
& Personal Development - 10%
- Maintain an expert level of knowledge encompassing retirement services, stay current on trends that impact Alerus’ relevancy in its competitive space.
- Maintain an understanding of
financial planning concepts including credit, depository products, investments, balance sheet management, protection planning, business planning, and liquidity planning.
- Assume responsibility for career growth and development. Actively pursue
continuing education, reading, and self-development to enhance skills.
- Build solid working relationships with team members, acting as a resource for others including a commitment to professional development of personal financial guides,
business advisors, and associates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of financial services experience.
- Minimum two years related experience in retirement plan recordkeeping/administration with knowledge of IRS and Department of Labor regulations.
designation related to the qualified plan industry required, i.e. QKA, CPC, RSA, etc.
- Possess or have an established plan to attain professional financial services accreditation(s) or equivalent advanced professional training i.e. CFP, CFA,
CPA, CWS, MBA, ABA Commercial Lending School.
- Demonstrated expertise in assessing a client’s financial needs and making proactive recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver solutions in a team based
- Previous experience utilizing CRM software to track and manage sales opportunities.
- Demonstrated record of proven sales ability and client service abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to present to business
leaders and executives.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Established interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Advanced math proficiency.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated initiative, creativity and enthusiasm to develop sales strategy, prospects and client relationships.
- Effective communication skills and willingness to work with a
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple phases of the sales process.
- Passionate about serving clients to positively impact their financial wellness.
- Ability to manage the stressful nature of the work and maintain professional composure, attitude, and behavior at all events.
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a
- Extended periods of time at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may
also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
- Ability to travel as needed to other markets and locations.
Alerus Financial is an
Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
Please apply online via our website.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)