View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
ERISA Compliance Attorney
in Falls Church VA
General Description: Responsible for monitoring and communicating ongoing and changing laws affecting health and welfare plans, including ACA, ERISA, the Code, HIPAA, and COBRA. The individual in this role will be responsible for
the development and presentation of materials on various health and welfare compliance related issues to internal sales teams, as well as external clients.
- Establish effective working relationships
with internal partners, clients and carriers
- Will function as part of a national team of Employee Benefit Attorneys to meet the overall objectives for the health and welfare compliance team
- Research, read, evaluate and edit articles, alerts
and other materials for publication or distribution to internal and external clients
- Gathers material, performs research, and assists client service team in the formulation of strategy to solve client problems related to ERISA, ACA, the Code, HIPAA
and state issues affecting health and welfare plans
- Develop and maintain compliance education tools for health and welfare compliance
- Create and deliver presentations to internal staff and to external clients and prospects.
and identify legal developments such as relevant statutes, regulations, case law and legal articles affecting employee benefit plans
- Maintain and update compliance library resources, including cross checking and validating that information is up-to
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a self-starter, and demonstrate cooperation and collaboration in team settings.
- Ability to work with a diverse set of individuals and personalities.
informed regarding industry information, new product information and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal instruction and a high degree of accuracy.
priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate production of tools and materials.
- Able to quickly assess and learn organizational roles, responsibilities and process flows.
- Maintain a cordial and effective
relationship with internal clients, team members and vendors
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the
- College degree, Juris Doctor (JD) and membership in good standing in at least one state bar is required.
- 4 - 8 years experience in working on compliance issues of employer-sponsored welfare benefits plans. Prior experience in
employee benefits law or experience in compliance consulting on these issues is required.
- Must be proficient with computers and quickly competent with new technology tools. Specifically, must have full competence with MS Office Suite products and
- Must have background and thorough understanding of the various laws that impact health and welfare plans including ACA, ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, Internal Revenue Code and insurance laws that affect these programs.
portray strong leadership skills.
- Must be comfortable in a public speaking environment and demonstrate ability to convey complex information in a simple and organized format to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to communicate orally and
in writing with others to explain complex issues and interpret complex information, and responds appropriately.
- Strong research and writing skills and experience with interpreting statutes and regulations.
- Remains informed regarding
industry information and new product information.
- Must have strong interpersonal and verbal skills.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- 50% travel required.
How to Apply
Apply online using this link: https://jobs.usi.com/Jobs/JobDetail?jobId=19951
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)