View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Defined Contribution Consultant
in Norwalk CT / New York NY / Wayne PA / Somerset NJ / Tampa FL / Winston Salem NC / Atlanta GA / Saint Louis MO / Minneapolis MN
Aon is looking for a Defined Contribution Consultant
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help
empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting our Defined Contribution Consulting Practice.
This position can be located near one of the following offices: Norwalk CT, New York NY, Radnor PA, Somerset NJ,
Tampa FL, Winston-Salem NC, Atlanta GA, St. Louis MO, Bloomington MN.
The Defined Contribution Consultant will have the following responsibilities:
- Perform vendor searches: RFP preparation, distribution,
- Perform vendor fee and expense analyses.
- Assist clients in managing their vendors.
- Coordinate fiduciary oversight processes, checklists and documentation with clients.
- Handle data analysis,
spread-sheeting and PowerPoint report preparation.
- Research plan design trends and calculate financial impact of design changes.
- Coordinate vendor implementations/conversions.
- Manage client projects and services independently,
coordinate with project teams, and proactively communicate with lead consultant on fulfillment of deliverables.
- Initiate proactive client interaction, servicing and problem-solving by providing research and technical support to
- Provide proactive and creative support to clients. Apply good judgment and appropriate follow-through with clients, firm employees, and other service providers to clients.
- Demonstrate initiative and ownership of all client-related
- Exhibit deep knowledge of defined contribution plan administration and compliance requirements, and the ability to apply this knowledge to client work.
- Efficiently manage time and internal resources to allow for effective handling of
multiple projects for multiple clients simultaneously.
- Provide support that contributes to the success of assigned client teams.
- Participate in and contribute to the success of marketing activities. Provide support in the preparation of
proposals and RFP responses and new business presentations.
The successful candidate will possess the following credentials and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline. CEBS, ASPPA or other
retirement certification programs and/or coursework is a plus.
- 3-10 years of experience in defined contribution consulting including experience with a variety of DC plans including 401(k), 403(b), 457, etc.
- A deep understanding of defined
contribution administration requirements according to IRS and ERISA.
- An understanding of the 401(k) recordkeeping marketplace and experience with recordkeeper selection and management, fee analysis, and fiduciary support. Prior recordkeeping
experience also a plus.
- Outstanding analytical and consultative inquiry skills.
- Excellent PC experience, particularly the Microsoft suite of business applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced,
- Team player who can work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to work independently on a variety of projects, receive instructions from a number of people and meet project deadlines.
- Excellent planning
and organizational skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
How to Apply
Apply online using this
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)