View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
COBRA Eligibility Account Administrator
in Minneapolis MN
This position is responsible for administering COBRA / Eligibility services to
participants and brokers. This person will exhibit great customer service skills, with strong attention to detail. This person will be responsible to learn and understand COBRA / Eligibility and will field participant and broker calls and emails, working
in a fast paced environment.
Job Function Number 1: Client / Broker Service - 85%
- Field participant calls and emails, responding to
inquiries regarding letters, premium payments, discontinuation of benefits, dependent and coverage changes.
- Provide technical support to participants, including use of the COBRA software for processing premium payments.
- Process daily
employer files with employee changes, accurately processing information which results in Qualifying Event driven letters
- Assisting with daily departmental work volume
- Assist with monthly files and month end reports
- Manage online
eligibility which includes enrollments, terminations and all changes
Job Function Number 2: Annual Rate Updates- 10%
- Assist the COBRA team members in the annual rate updating
process, ensuring that, all rates, which are timely received from the brokers and customers, are updated to the COBRA software. This is an intensive 3 month process
Job Function Number
3: Alerus / Department Support and Teamwork – 5%
- Participate in meetings for the company, department and administration unit.
- Foster a positive work environment and support
co-workers in achievement of departmental goals.
- Treat all co-workers with professionalism and respect.
- Recognize and celebrate individual/team accomplishments
- Three years of customer service experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; at least one year prior experience in COBRA Administration or related area
- Familiarity with multiple HRIS systems is preferred.
- Willingness to obtain COBRA Certificate as soon as prerequisites are met
- Ability to accurately and timely perform data entry.
- Effective written and oral
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage daily work load to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail with exceptional organizational skills.
- Demonstrated relational skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making, discretion, etc.
- Initiative, creativity and energetic active engagement in all work responsibilities.
- Ability to multi-task,
prioritize workflow of self and others and coordinate activity as an effective team member to meet deadlines and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Established communication, presentation and organizational skills.
professional business skills and demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and problem solve complex situations. Apply judgment with respect to high level business impact and risk.
- Proven ability to work with detailed technical knowledge
of COBRA regulations.
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation)
- Requires ability to sit for long periods of time using a key board, mouse
and to view multiple screens.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing documents, both actual papers or electronic.
- The employee is occasionally required to
stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at
approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
- Requires ability to use telephone for client contact and conference calls.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected
veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
Please apply online via our website.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)