View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Contribution Processor
in Arden Hills MN
This position is responsible for all activity surrounding the
accurate and timely processing of employee benefit plan contributions and loan payments. Included in this role is completion of all contribution processing including payroll processing, rollover transactions, loan payments and payoffs,
research, written and verbal correspondence, and resolution of issues for all levels of clients. This person will work proactively with Alerus staff within Retirement to provide exceptional customer service to Alerus clients and fellow Alerus staff
members. Full knowledge of the role is additionally demonstrated through participation in operational projects as needed, identifying process improvements, identifying opportunities to deliver customer delight, updating procedures, and training new
Job Function Number 1: Contribution and Loan Payment Processing - 65%
- Process contributions, loan payments, incoming rollovers and other financial and indicative information within quality
and service standards.
- Process loan payoffs by posting funds as appropriate, requesting refund checks for participants and preparing loan overpayment notifications for the plan sponsors.
- Research and send rollover form follow-up timely and
- Manage all aspects of global edits including research and correction of errors, day 2 reporting, and notification and further escalation of outstand items in order to fully resolve all issues.
- Review completed work for
- Complete necessary follow-up on outstanding items.
Job Function Number 2: Generalist - 25%
- Assist teammates with workload as needed to ensure standards are consistently met and
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships and open lines of communication with internal and external clients.
- Manage calls to the group phone line in a professional, prompt, and accurate manner. Research issues, follow
up with the caller, communicate any special needs to the assigned administrator or account manager and escalate issues as needed.
- Respond to emails in the group inbox in a professional, prompt, and accurate manner. Research issues, follow up with
the sender, communicate any special needs to the assigned administrator or account manager and escalate issues as needed.
- Create and maintain procedures in accordance with standards.
- Note and escalate to management any trends in processing
issues or errors.
- Identify and report possible process improvements or tasks in need of streamlining, and assist in efforts to improve these processes.
Job Function Number 3: Professional Development &
Training - 10%
- Develop and support the One Alerus vision by effectively collaborating and communicating across functions and departments.
- Attend and participate in department training programs and meetings.
- Cultivate and
maintain a thorough understanding of the contribution system and the part it plays in the overall Alerus Retirement and Benefits functions.
- Embrace new processes as assigned, including procedure creation and team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- One year experience in financial operations required.
Experience in retirement operations preferred.
- Ability to understand and thrive in an exception based work environment, including recognizing, researching basic and mid-level processing exceptions.
- Strong attention to detail as demonstrated
through the accurate and timely performance of complex transactions.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and manage daily work load to meet deadlines. Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with numbers using intermediate
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient PC skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Available to work flexible hours to cover peak workloads and to meet daily workload
- Demonstrated ability to identify process improvements.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to work independently using checklists and
procedures with minimal work direction.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to handle the exchange of information
confidently and independently.
- Reliable follow through without supervision.
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation)
- Extended periods of time at a desk and using office
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing documents, both actual papers or electronic.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach
with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
Please apply online via our webste.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)