View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Relationship Manager
in East Lansing MI / Minneapolis MN / Bedford NH
Known as a Business Advisor, Retirement Specialist at Alerus, this position is responsible for managing
existing commercial relationships and developing new opportunities with a primary focus on retirement relationships. Business Advisors deliver comprehensive financial advice to Alerus business clients by serving as their trusted primary point of contact.
All Business Advisors assist clients in their selection of Alerus products by recommending appropriate Alerus solutions to ensure the client successfully achieves their financial wellness goals. Business Advisors are expected to focus their time on
developing new business relationships with existing clients 50% and new clients 50%, approximately.
Job Function Number 1: New Business & Client Development - 50%
solicit new business opportunities with existing retirement clients through the relationship review process including opportunities identified by CRM software.
- Deliver solutions utilizing the steps in the Sandler process.
- Place calls to
prospective retirement clients to discuss their financial needs and objectives by making outside sales calls, channel contacts, and through other forms of network building.
- Actively represent Alerus in the marketplace by establishing a network of
influencers, active involvement in community organizations (i.e. Chamber, Rotary, etc.) and participation in networking organizations.
- Utilize CRM software to track new opportunities and schedule prospecting follow-up
Job Function Number 2: Client Consultation & Service - 40%
- Effectively manage, analyze, and grow a portfolio of business clients to
provide knowledgeable advanced retirement solutions and other business services by delivering a high level of financial product expertise and support.
- Assist portfolio of business clients in identifying and selecting treasury management, lending
401k plans, ESOP, health and welfare, payroll, wealth management, insurance and other products and financial services by serving as the primary point of contact.
- Learn client’s financial objectives and provide comprehensive financial guidance
and planning utilizing the complete set of Alerus solutions.
- Perform regular proactive relationship reviews based on complexity and product or service level on assigned portfolio.
- Evaluate a client’s business financial needs to
determine and engage the appropriate service team to meet those needs including financial advisors, financial associates and other product experts.
- Update CRM software to capture client activity, schedule required follow-up actions, and effectively
- Serve business clients’ financial needs holistically across all Alerus solutions.
- Work with a team of associates to ensure an excellent client experience.
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge
encompassing retirement products and solutions.
- Actively employ/share technical knowledge of and experience with ERISA and retirement plan industry with clients and colleagues.
- Apply basic/intermediate investment knowledge as it pertains to
retirement plans, including asset classes, models, CIFs and target date funds.
- Be able to prepare and present investment reviews for both non-fiduciary and fiduciary clients.
- Identify opportunities to work with ARB Investment Team to
present fiduciary services to clients not utilizing the service.
- Demonstrate ability to engage and interact with varying audience types including plan participants, plan sponsors, investment committees, and peer groups.
- Produce and review
annual service plan data with client.
- Conduct retention fee analysis and recommend fee changes.
- Maintain ongoing communication with client influencers/decision makers to understand their goals/objectives and identify service concerns.
Proactively and consistently present Alerus value proposition.
Job Function Number 3: Professional & Personal Development - 10%
- Maintain an expert level of knowledge
encompassing retirement services, stay current on trends that impact Alerus’ relevancy in its competitive space.
- Maintain an understanding of financial planning concepts including credit, depository products, investments, balance sheet
management, protection planning, business planning, and liquidity planning.
- Assume responsibility for career growth and development. Actively pursue continuing education, reading, and self-development to enhance skills.
- Build solid working
relationships with team members, acting as a resource for others including a commitment to professional development of personal financial guides, business advisors, and associates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of financial services experience.
- Minimum two
years related experience in retirement plan recordkeeping/administration with knowledge of IRS and Department of Labor regulations.
- Professional designation related to the qualified plan industry required, i.e. QKA, CPC, RSA, etc.
or have an established plan to attain professional financial services accreditation(s) or equivalent advanced professional training i.e. CFP, CFA, CPA, CWS, MBA, ABA Commercial Lending School.
- Demonstrated expertise in assessing a client’s
financial needs and making proactive recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver solutions in a team based approach.
- Previous experience utilizing CRM software to track and manage sales opportunities.
- Demonstrated record of
proven sales ability and client service abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to present to business leaders and executives.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Established interpersonal and negotiating
- Advanced math proficiency.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated initiative, creativity and enthusiasm to develop sales strategy,
prospects and client relationships.
- Effective communication skills and willingness to work with a team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple phases of the sales process.
about serving clients to positively impact their financial wellness.
- Proven problem-solver.
- Ability to manage the stressful nature of the work and maintain professional composure, attitude, and behavior at all
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation)
- Extended periods of time at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal
computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel,
crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor
- Ability to travel as needed to other markets and locations.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
Please apply online via our website.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)