View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
401(k) Retirement Plan Administrator (remote opportunities available)
in Tampa FL / Woodcliff Lake NJ / Indianapolis IN / Chesterfield MO / Huntington Beach CA / Woodland Hills CA / MA / NH / Telecommute
Serve as a resource to plan sponsors and financial advisors for matters related to ERISA compliance, plan design and
governmental reporting. Use experience and knowledge to serve as a resource to internal associates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Heads project teams and or provides training for Consultants or
- Serves as technical resource for Consultants and Assistants
- Provide superior customer service, including problem solving with minimal inconvenience to clients
- Provides effective and timely verbal and written
communications in a clear, concise and informative written manner
- Assists the client with all initial and ongoing plan design and document support
- Assists the clients in meeting all IRS and Department of Labor deadlines necessary for
qualified retirement plan
- Maintains up-to date knowledge of present legislation and proposed legislative changes with regard to ERISA law through self study and company-sponsored training sessions
- Responsible for all aspects of valuation
reports, participant statements and annual testing
- Reviews or performs, as needed, the annual testing for plans, including ADP/ACP, Top Heavy, 410(b), 415, 401(a)(4), deductibility, and 402(g)
- Reviews distribution paperwork and coordinates
processing of distributions with asset holder
- Reviews loan paperwork and coordinates processing of loans with asset holder
- Reviews or prepares Form 5500 and coordinates with plan sponsor to help ensure timely filing
- Assists auditors
if a plan is subject to an audit
- Assists IRS and DOL auditors, if the plan is subject to an IRS or DOL audit
- Coordinate with all applicable parties, both internal and external, to ensure accurate conversion process for new
- As applicable, work with assistant to coordinate and oversee activities that will ensure timely and accurate completion of book of business
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by
Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and
Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 3-5 years
ERISA experience in the retirement industry
- Experience in analysis of financial data required
- Experience in Relius software desirable, but not required
- Strong Word, Excel, and Outlook skills
- Strong written and oral
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize, manage tasks and meet in connection with business operations, including related ERISA compliance
- Ability to effectively plan and assign work and supervise support staff
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper
transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions
on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we
put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 6 million Americans
save for retirement and college.
Ascensus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap,
sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Ascensus also takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified women, minorities, and covered veterans. Ascensus also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state laws.
How to Apply
Apply using this link.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)