View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Plan Administrator
Compass Retirement Consulting Group
in Stratham NH / MA / ME / Telecommute
Compass Retirement Consulting Group and Compass 360 are third party administration firms that provide employers with retirement plan design, administration, actuarial services, and ongoing plan consulting. We create and nurture a partnership
with our clients to understand their needs and create retirement programs that integrate with the financial and human resources goals. We have offices in Stratham, NH and Concord, NH and offer a flexible work schedule, casual work environment and
competitive benefits package.
As a Sr. Retirement Plan Administrator, you will be responsible for working with the client to perform annual plan testing, valuations, calculations, and the
completion and filing of required forms. This will require that you work directly with our clients and auditors (DOL / IRS and other) to ensure that information is accurate, and all deadlines are met.
- Review plan documents and service agreements for new clients and upload required information into Datair software.
- Communicate directly with clients to ensure annual census and other required plan
information is received.
- Download necessary information on plan assets for assigned clients from vendor websites.
- Perform annual testing (ADP / ACP, 402(g), Top Heavy determination, 410(b), etc.)
accurately and timely.
- Prepare and complete annual valuations.
- Correct plan errors and late deferrals as needed.
- Communicate failed test results to client in a clear and concise manner to ensure client understands
results. Complete excess forms for client and follow-up with client and vendors as necessary to ensure the corrections were made.
- Calculate employer contributions and true-up contributions accurately and timely.
- Perform other required
projections, tests, and calculations as needed.
- Complete and file required government forms (Form 5500, 5330, 5558, etc.) as needed accurately and timely as required.
- Upload vesting information to vendor websites and
ensure data is accurate.
- Create plan termination package and follow-up through required steps including testing, distributions, and filing find Form 5500 as required.
- Identify 70.5 and force out
distributions for balances under $5,000.
- Prepare proposals for existing clients as requested.
- Work directly with large plan auditors and/or DOL/IRS auditors as requested.
- Other tasks as
Attributes & Competencies:
- Bachelor Degree in accounting, finance, or related field with 7+ years of related experience in retirement plan
management, customer service, and financial services
- working knowledge of the various types of retirement plans and the IRS and DOL regulations pertaining to them
- proven customer service and relationship management skills to
build relationships with assigned client base for the long-term
- strong verbal and written communications skills using clear and grammatically correct language
- the ability to problem solve, be pro-active, and demonstrate
- robust time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task required
- comprehensive knowledge and understanding of retirement plans and payroll processing platforms
- ability to work both independently
and in a collaborative team environment
- superb attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines
- experience using Datair, Pension Pro, Excel, and other retirement plan verification and calculation software platforms
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)