Retirement Account Administrator
in Arden Hills MN / Albert Lea MN / East Lansing MI / Troy MI / Bedford NH
Help foster a cohesive service team by directing workflow, supporting strong communication and
displaying good judgment and leadership to ensure the proper administration of all plans. Responsible for client service, compliance and Form 5500 reporting of an assigned group of retirement plans, typically 60-70 plans. Plan assignment may
include employee stock ownership plans (ESOP).
Job Function Number 1: Client Service – 40%
- Proactively manage assigned client relationships to achieve or exceed client service
satisfaction and ARB retention standards.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships and open lines of communication with internal and external clients.
- Keep Manager/Supervisor informed of sensitive issues and proactively work with
Retirement Relationship Manager or Retirement Specialist (RRM/RS) to retain key clients and assets.
- Work with Manager/Supervisor to resolve technical, service and compliance issues to ensure client satisfaction without jeopardizing regulatory
requirements and service standards.
- Assist in client feedback efforts and work with RRM/RS to identify and resolve service issues as well as meet long-term client needs.
- Meet service standards. Proactively notify Manager/Supervisor and
client (as appropriate) if standards will not be met.
- Timely response to internal and external inquiries.
Job Function Number 2: Compliance and Form 5500 Reporting-
- Monitor receipt of client’s census information to prioritize completion of compliance tests and/or Form 5500 reporting for an assigned set of plans.
- Understand and interpret plan document and contract provisions and apply
experience and judgment to situational problem resolution. Work with Manager/Supervisor and/or RRM if needed.
- If assigned ESOP plans, possess the necessary skills to administer ESOPs which includes an understanding of the valuation process,
updating participant records and delivery of the year-end annual valuation report and participant statements.
- Ensure that appropriate compliance tests are accurate and completed within standards.
- Ensure Form 5500 and Summary Annual Report
is accurate and completed within standards.
- Identify changes/amendments needed to documents due to client requests.
- Independently administer more complex defined contributions plans.
Job Function Number
3: Leadership and Engagement – 20%
- Actively engage in the success of ARB and Alerus, promoting and supporting new and ongoing initiatives with positive active team involvement resulting in a
- Participate in projects to improve the products and services offered by ARB, including project groups tasked with developing enhanced procedures or policies.
- Participate in meetings for the company, department and
- Treat all clients and co-workers with professionalism.
- Support and promote communication within the service team through direct communication, Client Gateway and other available tools as needed in order to build strong
- Actively support the use of Client Gateway by documenting pertinent communications with clients and others as applicable.
- Recognize and celebrate individual/team accomplishments.
- Provide training and support
to analysts and less experienced account administrators.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in defined contribution retirement plan compliance or testing required. 3 or more years’ of experience,
- Good written/oral communication, organization, and client service skills required.
- Ability to maintain professional working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Ability to work independently and set
- Ability to interpret documents and resolve technical problems.
- Available to work overtime to cover peak workloads and other business needs.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Possess or have an
established plan to complete ASPPA’s Retirement Plan Fundamentals Certification (RPF).
- Demonstrated relational skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making and
- Demonstrated critical thinking abilities.
- Initiative, creativity and energetic active engagement in all work responsibilities.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workflow of self and others and coordinate activity as an
effective team member to meet deadlines and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Established communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated professional business skills and demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to
identify and problem solve complex situations. Apply judgment with respect to high level business impact and risk.
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation)
- Extended periods of
time at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to
stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at
approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
- Ability to travel as needed to other markets and locations.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected
veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
Please apply online via our website.
Manage This Listing (employer only)