Retirement Plan Advisor
Chemung Canal Trust Company
in Elmira NY
Performs a variety of duties in support of the Retirement Services function including business
development, customer service, reporting, client meetings and presentations, etc.
- Maintain effective relationships with Retirement Services clients.
- Thorough understanding of ERISA, IRS, and DoL regulations as they relate to qualified
- Will act as the primary point of contact for retirement plan clients and along with the Plan Manager will be responsible for overall client satisfaction and retention.
- Assists the Retirement Services Manager with RFPs and
presentations related to new business development.
- Assist with new plan conversions and/or implementing start-up plans.
- Coordinates and presents client annual plan and investment review meetings.
- Works with clients to develop and
deliver participant education programs.
- Stays abreast of legislative and regulatory changes that may affect the administration of assigned retirement plans. Notifies clients of any changes that may be necessary to ensure continued compliance
with applicable government regulations.
- Works with Investment Officers and Retirement Plan Managers to maintain and monitor plan investment menus.
- Provides input to fee schedules for Retirement Services Group. Informs clients of current fee
schedule. Ensures timely collections of fees from clients.
- Jointly establishes annual quantitative client service and sales objectives with assigned supervisor to be integrated into the Retirement Services Group’s operating plans.
be asked to assist with quarterly plan valuation reviews, review compliance tests, Form 5500s, and assist with plan document reviews.
- BS or BA in related field of study preferred, along
with specialized training related to employee benefits plan administration
- Must possess at least one certification from a recognized professional organization (i.e. QKA, QPC, QPA, CEBS, CRSP, AIF)
- 5-7 years experience in related
- Thorough knowledge of all laws, regulations, and policies impacting retirement plans, including, but not limited to technical, compliance, administration, investment, and participant solutions.
- Working knowledge of investment
terminology for presentations to Plan Sponsors and Plan Participants
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communication skills; analytical and organizational skills; computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; presentation skills;
ability to read and interpret IRA and trust statements; strong sales skills
- Valid Driver’s License required
How to Apply
Candidates can send their resumes to HR@chemungcanal.com.
Manage This Listing (employer only)