Manager, Pension Administration
in Charlotte NC
Responsible for managing a staff of Consultants and Assistants in the delivery of excellent client service to plan sponsors, brokers/agents and financial partners
in all aspects of retirement plan services. The Manager will lead the staff in maintaining service standards and an environment that promotes achievement and professional growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Successfully lead the
service team (client facing pension administration team) in providing the highest level of service for the local TPA office.
- Ensure that Associates are meeting their service and production goals.
- Handle escalated client
- Manage, cultivate and lead an important strategic partnership.
- The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing
your support of our organizational culture.
- Motivate, lead and support team members to provide excellent customer service by ensuring that staff is properly trained to respond to inquiries in a professional manner.
- Participate in the hiring
process by conducting interviews and evaluating candidates.
- Responsible for providing team members with substantive, periodic feedback on performance, including the completion of performance planning, performance updates and the annual performance
- Coordinates processes and procedures with other managers to provide consistent professional services across teams.
- Participates in the overall leadership and direction of Ascensus Consulting by actively participating in
leadership meeting, all associate meetings, project activity and annual planning process.
- Monitor associate productivity and metrics.
- Plan and organize workflow in order to meet service commitments.
- Produce weekly/monthly production
- Develop staffing strategies for appropriate allocation of resources to meet business needs and client service commitments/objectives.
- Coordinate the successful training and instruction of new associates.
staff on industry knowledge, general business skills set, and professional development.
- Develop workflow alternatives that will streamline the production process, including the identification of opportunities for improvement, make recommendations
for changes and help implement those changes.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access,
improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Bachelors Degree required
- Advanced degree or industry specific certification
(ASPPA, CEBS, etc.) strongly preferred
- 3-5 years supervisor/managerial industry experience
- 7-10 years overall industry experience
- Defined benefit experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
knowledge of retirement plans and the services provided by Ascensus Consulting including Compliance and Recordkeeping services
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple priorities and
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Polished Presentation Skills
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Excellent Conflict Resolution Skills
- Proven Project Management Skills
- Superior Coaching and
- Superior Time Management Skills
- Ability to travel, if needed
** We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US
independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get
to go to work every day knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age,
citizenship, sex, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Ascensus also takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified women, minorities, and covered
veterans. Ascensus also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state laws
How to Apply
Apply online using this link: https://www.applytracking.com/tp/rj6.WQvVh-e-K
Manage This Listing (employer only)