Retirement Plan Administrator
McHenry Advisers, Inc.
in New Albany OH
About McHenry Advisers, Inc.
McHenry Advisers, Inc. is a growing and innovative Actuarial Services firm providing Actuarial
Consulting, Design, and Administrative Services to over 1,100 Qualified Retirement Plan Sponsors, Third Party Administration Firms, and Advisers located throughout the United States.
Plan Administrator functions as the responsible party to ensure plans maintain both written and operational compliance with all ERISA, IRS, DOL regulations and best practices at all times. This role facilitates annual plan administration and also makes
recommendations regarding plan design and benefit improvements. Job duties include:
- Monitors the timely completion of the annual census data and employer questionnaire to facilitate timely nondiscrimination testing
compliance testing and non-discrimination testing including ADP/ACP, 401(a)(4), 410(b), etc.
- Calculation of participant vesting and contributions including matching, safe harbor, and profit sharing (cross tested)
- Preparation of Annual
Valuations to include asset reconciliation and account balances
- Collaborate with actuarial consultants in delivering reports and anticipating client’s questions
- Preparation of IRS forms to include 5500 series
- Interpreting Plan
documents and provisions including comprehensive review of current plan design; proposes design changes, if needed, to meet client goals.
- Conducts annual training with the client administration team to ensure their understanding of the plan
provisions (e.g. compensation, eligibility, etc.)
- Coordinates efforts with all service providers to ensure plan administration is in compliance with plan provisions, regulations and best practices
- Implementing new plans- once a plan is
placed, set up files that document and comply with DOL, IRS and employer specifications. Ensure plan participants are provided with all necessary documentation
- Monitor and document the preparation, accuracy and timely distribution of all employee
communications and notices throughout the year
- Recognize plan failures; provide additional training to the client administration team in an effort to prevent repeat failures and take necessary steps to bring plan back into compliance (e.g. VCP,
SCP, EPCRS, etc.)
- Monitor that corrective actions are completed accurately and timely, including the filing of any additional tax forms that may be necessary
- Replying professionally via phone and email to questions from assigned
- Must be organized, detail oriented, willing to learn, and able to work independently
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior experience with
Actuarial System Corporations (ASC) preferred
- Proficient computer / software skills, including MS Office (Word & Excel)
- ASPPA QKA and QPA required or willing to attain; maintain ASPPA Membership
- Experience on different
- Minimum of 2+ years experience with qualified retirement plans
How to Apply
Email resumes to Valerie@mchenry-advisers.com
Manage This Listing (employer only)