Free Daily News and Jobs
“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
Retirement Implementation Coordinator
in Fargo ND / Grand Forks ND / Arden Hills MN / Albert Lea MN
The primary responsibility of this position is to support the on-boarding process for new Alerus retirement plan
clients, including startup plans, transfer plans and internal conversions. Support all elements of the on-boarding process by assisting internal departments and external parties through an established implementation timeline. Assist in communicating the
implementation plan, including the key objectives and deliverables, scheduling, tracking and reporting to internal and external parties. Assist in assigning and performing tasks to meet service timelines to ensure a successful transition of new business
from sales to the Alerus account representative. Deliver a positive customer experience for the plan sponsor and other external parties.
This position can be based in one of the following locations: Fargo, ND; Grand Forks, ND; Arden Hills,
MN; Albert Lea, MN.
Job Function Number 1: Execution of New Client Onboarding - 50%
- Participate in implementation project management calls and support other aspects of
the client installation process as directed by Client Services Manager and other team members as appropriate.
- Complete the Alerus “Know Your Customer” client identification process to minimize fraud exposure and other business
- Accurately document and timely record all steps in the new business process.
- Prepare all required plan and participant documentation.
- Create all plan forms and load all documents, forms, disclosures and other notices to Plan
- Work in conjunction with team members to prepare materials for enrollment meetings in a timely manner to ensure materials are available to be distributed prior to the scheduled meeting dates.
- Input pertinent client and plan data
into various internal systems.
Job Function Number 2: Train New Clients on Alerus Systems – 50%
- Create and distribute system
access and log-in instructions to external parties.
- Provide an informational overview of the Alerus Retirement and Benefits (ARB) administrative website, Plan Gateway, to new clients, Advisors and Third Party Administrators (TPAs).
new clients on submitting contributions through Contribution Gateway using the entry or upload methods.
- Coordinate with new clients and the contribution team to establish a contribution structure prior to the scheduled training
- Associate's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field or equivalent experience required.
- Experience in defined
contribution industry (recordkeeping or administration) preferred.
- Experience supporting advisors, brokers, and third-party vendors preferred.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow of self as an effective team member to meet
deadlines and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Demonstrated written/oral communication, presentation, and organization skills.
- Exhibited commitment to delivering a high-level of client service.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft
Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Established interpersonal skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making, discretion,
- Exhibits an analytical approach to solving complex challenges while keeping both the client and the company’s needs in problem-solving.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, seeks creative solutions, and actively engages in all work
- Disciplined, strong attention to detail, and well organized.
- Considerate, approachable and professional when collaborating with internal and external parties.
- Proactive in anticipating customer needs and adaptable
to unforeseen changes typical of a fast-paced environment.
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation)
- Extended periods of time sitting at a
desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand,
walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
Please apply online via our website.
Manage This Listing (employer only)