Free Daily News and Jobs
“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
Employee Benefits Legal Manager
Concordia Plan Services
in Saint Louis MO
Mission and Vision
- Concordia Plan Services (CPS) ‘walks together’ with LCMS ministries in caring for
workers and their families…so that the Word of God continues to spread!
- Our 2020 vision is to transform CPS from being solely a benefits provider to the most widely recognized source of employer and worker-related solutions for LCMS
- Employee Benefits Legal Manager reports to the Deputy General Counsel.
Manages and performs legal and compliance work, including
employee benefit plan documentation and legal research and reviews, particularly related to health and welfare plans.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for drafting and maintaining health, disability and survivor plan
and benefit program documentation.
- Subject matter expert on health and welfare benefit plans, including cafeteria plans, health savings accounts, and health reimbursement accounts.
- Oversees and performs legal research and analysis and
presents results, including interpretations, findings and recommendations.
- Works with communication and operational teams to develop materials.
- Drafts documents for legal counsel review.
- Monitors emerging employee benefits
legislation and other legal developments and changes to determine impact on CPS plans and services.
- Acts as liaison for CPS legal team to regulators, vendors and other third parties.
- Drafts board materials, including
resolutions and reports.
- Performs legal review of communication materials prepared for plan members and employers.
- Works with staff of other corporations, prepares and edits guides and other materials.
- Solves challenging legal
- Works with other departments, uses legal knowledge to resolve practical issues.
- Contributes to development of strategies and goals.
- Drafts, revises and maintains administrative policies.
- Significant experience working in the employee benefits field is required.
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience with health law, health plans, health insurance or similar field is
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in legal studies or a related field, is highly desirable.
- Professional designation in employee benefits is desirable.
- Experience as a legal analyst, paralegal, or similar position is
- Experience working with church benefit plans is preferred.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Excellent research, writing and analysis skills; ability to absorb, process , recall
and utilize complex information to provide possible solutions.
- Extensive knowledge of the Internal Revenue Code, Affordable Care Act, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, and other laws and regulations applicable to health and
welfare benefit plans.
- Ability to apply administrative policies and procedures to resolve issues.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Ability to articulate information accurately and clearly in person, over the phone and in
writing, and to reflect CPS values (integrity, compassion, excellence, stewardship, accountability) in all internal and external communications.
- Practices high level of confidentiality. Ability to relate well with professional church workers,
maintaining appropriate balance between compassion, encouragement, and accommodation in all interactions.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to the organizational mission by applying concepts and principles of the Integrity Service program or similar
values-based customer service program; is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Steadfastly pushes self for results, self-motivated with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
with minimal supervision, maintains focus on organizational goals.
- Participates fully on assigned and adjunct teams, fosters a collaborative spirit, builds collaborative networks with internal staff and vendor representatives.
- Command of
system and collaborative tools (websites, social media, SharePoint), skilled in use of MS Office suite.
- Energized by and adapts easily to change; welcomes new opportunities; personal maturity to evaluate and manage uncertainty and stress
- Accepts accountability for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress, accepting feedback and coaching, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly; actively seeks continuous
learning to improve personal and team performance.
How to Apply
Candidates may apply by visiting this link.
This ad has been viewed 324 times.
It expires on 9/30/2019.