Free Daily News and Jobs
“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
Kennedy Krieger Institute
in Baltimore MD
The Benefits Specialist will support various departments in the area of benefits administration. Will perform duties such as: Data
analysis, data reporting, open enrollment administration, wellness program administration, and delivering exceptional and timely customer service responses a to employee inquiries. General areas of concentration include medical plans, Flexible
Spending Accounts, retirement plans, workers compensation, unemployment, disability and life insurance programs.
- Administers medical and retirement plans by running weekly processes, generating reports and analyzing data to ensure appropriate
deductions are received from employees. Makes adjustments to employee records to credit or collect benefit premiums and/or retirement contributions.
- Serves as primary liaison between employees and benefit vendors to ensure eligibility data is
accurate and that plans are administered correctly.
- Fields questions from employees, reviews claims data and resolves eligibility and claims processing issues with vendors.
- Ensures compliance with workers’ compensation laws, manages
claims and answers relevant questions in regard to Workers’ Compensation administration. Collaborates with vendor, attends hearings, approves Independent Medical Exams and facilitates medical bills being paid through Workers’
- Collaborates with benefits team to administer the annual open enrollment process and benefits fairs.
- Validates bi-weekly Short Term Disability/Long Term Disability and coordinates benefit payments with the payroll
- Fields pension distribution requests, calculates estimates, and coordinates pension distributions.
- In collaboration with committee members, leads the Wellness programing and administers the Keys to Wellness program. Creates
employee challenges, health literacy initiatives and creates strategies to engage employees in participating in wellness initiatives.
- Processes death benefit claims and is primary liaison with the life insurance vendors to facilitate assignments
and beneficiary death benefit payments.
- Collaborates with benefit team members on various benefit plan administration responsibilities such as tuition reimbursement, unemployment, vendor billing, and annual strategy
- BA / BS in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) strongly
- Five years experience in Human Resources with emphasis in Benefit Administration is a must.
- Experience in a Healthcare setting is preferred.
How to Apply
Apply online using this link: https://jobs-kennedykrieger.icims.com/jobs/15112/benefits-specialist/job
Manage This Listing (employer only)