Documents Specialist - Amendments and Ancillary
in Folsom CA / Mobile AL / Minneapolis MN / Saint Petersburg FL
Newport Group is a leading provider of retirement plans, insurance, and consulting services. We help
companies offer their employees a more secure financial future by offering comprehensive plan solutions and consulting expertise to plan sponsors and the advisors who serve them.
Specialist is preparing retirement plan amendments and updated ancillary documents (e.g. summary plan descriptions, summary of material modifications, notices, etc.) for 401(k), 403(b), 457(b) and DB plans, as well as updating the plan document and other
systems with the changes.
- Monitor incoming amendment requests.
- Review requests to identify potential issues (e.g., mid-year amendment to safe harbor plan, benefit cutbacks, etc.), and
discuss with Team Lead or Document Consultants as needed.
- Proactively communicate with relationship manager as needed to obtain additional or missing information to confirm all plan design changes.
- Respond to requests and questions in a
timely and professional manner.
- Update the plan document system to prepare plan amendment.
- Proofread final work product to assure accuracy and professional deliverable.
- Ensure timely delivery of final amendment package within
deadlines as set by department.
- Coordinate periodic follow-up for unsigned amendments.
- Assist with various special projects as deemed necessary by supervisor.
- 2-3 years of related
experience in qualified retirement plan environment, or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be highly organized with strong attention to detail and solid prioritization skills.
- Solid analytical,
time management and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must be focused and driven with the ability to manage multiple priorities with tight
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Strong Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field or equivalent
- Successful completion of ASPPA examinations/credentials a plus
It is a requirement of this job to consistently report to work as scheduled, be on time, and remain at work for entire assigned shift.
Newport group offers
for employment are conditioned upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records, background investigation, and/or credit check).
Newport Group is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other
basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
How to Apply
Apply online using this link: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/NEW1020/JobBoard/6162c253-9d81-da08-c252-d43d2fcb8345/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=890d2da1-cab7-4c58-a23d-7ed2916712cf
This ad has been viewed 272 times.
It expires on 9/7/2019.