Senior Document Specialist
in Mobile AL / Folsom CA / Minneapolis MN / Saint Petersburg FL
Newport Group is a leading provider of retirement plans, insurance, and consulting
services. We help companies offer their employees a more secure financial future by offering comprehensive plan solutions and consulting expertise to plan sponsors and the advisors who serve them.
The Senior Document Specialist is responsible for creating, developing and maintaining documents needed for Amendments and Annual Notices, including maintaining a tracking system, developing new processes and updating procedures
as well as delegating tasks and training team members.
- Monitor incoming amendment requests.
- Review requests to identify potential issues (e.g., mid-year amendment to safe harbor plan, benefit
cutbacks, etc.). Confer with Document Consultants as needed.
- Assign preparation of plan Amendments and review prepared amendment packages as needed; provide training and coaching to team members relating to amendment preparation as
- Coordinate periodic follow-up for unsigned amendments.
- Develop and maintain periodic reporting and statistics for Document Department Director of amendment activity by product line.
- Develop/maintain template amendment
- Work with Senior Document Specialist – Plan Documents to coordinate amendment and document production as needed (updates to ancillary documents such as trustee change documents, application of Doc Edit Libraries in ASP, SPD
- Develop new processes and modify existing procedures as needed to ensure efficient and accurate production of Amendment packages.
- Work with Document Department Director and IT Department to develop and maintain workflow
tracking system for amendments.
- Track plans that require Annual Notices and production of same, including updating procedures as needed.
- 3-4 years of related
experience in qualified retirement plan environment, or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to train and assess the work of others.
- Must be highly organized with strong attention to
detail and solid prioritization skills.
- Excellent client services and interpersonal skills.
- Solid analytical, time management and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a high
degree of accuracy.
- Must be focused and driven with the ability to manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines.
- Strong Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree in
Business, Finance or related field or equivalent experience.
- Successful completion of ASPPA examinations/credentials a plus
It is a requirement of this job to consistently report to work as scheduled, be on time, and remain at work for
entire assigned shift.
Newport group offers for employment are conditioned upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records, background investigation,
and/or credit check).
Newport Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or
mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
How to Apply
Apply online using this link: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/NEW1020/JobBoard/6162c253-9d81-da08-c252-d43d2fcb8345/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=3fae3a4a-c191-4171-b1e6-50209833bbae
This ad has been viewed 427 times.
It expires on 8/27/2019.