in Syracuse NY / KY / OH / Telecommute
External Wholesaler - Upstate NY, OH & KY
At BPAS, we deliver superior retirement plan solutions and services to our clients
and partners. Our unique offering is built through a powerful combination of consulting and administration expertise, user- friendly recordkeeping technology, and a flexible, open-architecture investment platform. We focus on driving participant outcomes
by making retirement planning easier, more effective and more engaging.
As an External Wholesaler, you will be responsible for providing regular contact and support to registered investment advisors, corporate trustees and other financial partners
within your defined territory, and delivering a high level of proactive, ongoing promotion and sales of BPAS services.
Develop and adapt a disciplined sales process to build and retain profitable, productive
relationships in your territory, provide consultative marketing and sales support, and meet or exceed annual sales goals. Be the external face of BPAS in your territory to find, build and nurture partnerships with financial intermediaries to their
- An in-depth, comprehensive understanding of the retirement plan space with relationships and product knowledge in the assigned territory and experience selling all retirement
channels: RIAs, Wires, Corporate Trustees, etc.
- Team player mentality and ability to interface with other departments to drive our common goals
- Polished sales skills for presenting to financial intermediaries and / or presentations to
retirement plan committees
- Fee quotes, pricing, proposals, RFPs responses and follow up. Defending our value proposition, services and fee schedule against competitors.
- Must possess a passionate drive to meet and exceed client expectations
and provide a superior service offering
- Proactively seeks and supports the development of new initiatives to enhance BPAS’ success and market presence
- Competent, goal oriented individual that can sustain high levels of activity,
through both phone and in-person meetings
- Motivated to find new prospects, secure meetings, present our services then begin working with financial partners on new opportunities.
- Support cross-selling strategies for existing clients, as well
as new relationships
- Manage multiple facets of the sales process, including coordination of meetings, support material, follow-up tasks, phone calls, proposals and RFP responses, presentations, obtaining implementation documents,
- Participate and provide input on marketing, advertising and promotional strategies, which may include writing blog posts, social media activity, networking events, etc.
- Represent the company at national meetings or conferences,
including public speaking, running panel discussions or other opportunities.
- Assist with the compilation of competitive market intelligence and share insights with other sales team members
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to engage with
our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Responsible for the completion of all compliance training related to the position
- Understands all applicable laws and
regulations that apply to the position and complies with the requirements
Experience / Skills
- Undergraduate degree or comparable work experience required
- Experience with defined contribution retirement
- Five (5) or more years Financial Service Sales experience preferred
- Proficiency in financial services sales, wholesaling, retirement products, relationship management
- Oratory skills with group
presentations, panel discussions, educational seminars
- Must live in and be prepared to spend significant time traveling throughout your assigned territory. When not travelling, must be able to excel at working remotely.
- Demonstrated track
record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
- Drives performance targets to completion
BPAS is a national provider of retirement plans, benefit plans, fund
administration, and collective investment trusts. We support 3,800 retirement plans, $77 billion in trust assets, $1 trillion in fund administration, and more than 450,000 participants. With our breadth of services, depth of creative talent, and
financial resources, we are well positioned to help our clients solve all their benefit plan challenges without the need to engage multiple providers. One company. One call.
BPAS is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Community Bank System, Inc. (CBSI, NYSE: CBU).
How to Apply
Apply online using this link.
This ad has been viewed 776 times.
It expires on 8/25/2019.