Director, Non-Qualified Client Services
in Lake Mary FL
Newport Group is a leading provider of retirement plans, insurance, and consulting services. We help companies offer their
employees a more secure financial future by offering comprehensive plan solutions and consulting expertise to plan sponsors and the advisors who serve them.
The Director, Client Services will perform functions to
manage multiple large and complex non-qualified national client accounts and relationships. This will include communications, administration, problem identification and resolution, and overall accountability of Plan funding and liability needs to meet
contractual requirements and client expectations, and build on service reputation and relationships to position Newport Group as the clients’ provider of choice for additional products and services. As a key member of our Non-Qualified Client
Services team, the position will have management responsibility for one or more Relationship Managers and will lead business line special project initiatives and other projects as assigned by VP, Client Services.
The Director, Client Services
- Participate as a member of the non-qualified management team to determine strategy and direction of non-qualified product line.
- Manage and develop assigned intermediary relationships resulting in successful and profitable
joint business initiatives.
- Oversee multiple large and complex “national” accounts, while also acting as the point of escalation for one or more Relationship Managers’ book of business.
- Lead department and business line
projects and initiatives to increase efficiencies, decrease cost and document changes in processes and procedures; participate in training and rollout of initiatives, as subject matter expert.
- Produce and streamline senior management reporting
requirements. Incorporate efficiencies to provide useful management tools.
- Identify and champion cross selling opportunities where appropriate and escalate through the proper channels.
- Promote and ensure that all key client activity is
accurately reflected in the work flow management system for assigned client accounts and accounts managed by direct reports.
- Monitor key client accounts and ensure that all client service work and deliverables are completed in a timely, accurate
and consistent manner and work with staff to ensure that all issues are responded to and resolved. Communicate any enhancements of internal systems and/or processes for Plan administration. Work with vendors to investigate and resolve transaction issues,
take required action and notify client of resolution.
- Develop and maintain relationships with plan sponsors and human resources contacts of key clients. Ensure the provision of services expected, identify and resolve areas of confusion or problems,
and ensure compliance with contractual requirements. Act as liaison between Intermediary/Producer and the client.
- Communicate and coordinate activities to finalize the implementation of new client accounts and ensure seamless transition into
Newport’s administrating services. Identify areas of client sensitivity or unique requirements and advocate for clients to others within the organization so that services can be delivered as expected for assigned clients and those assigned to
Relationship Managers who are direct reports.
- Provide communications, services and resources for enrollments and respond to the needs of plan sponsors, human resource contacts and plan participants to meet client expectations and contractual
requirements for enrollment related services.
- Monitor and manage billing process and receipt of payment. Ensure the accuracy of invoices and the proper crediting of payments. Investigate and resolve significant billing related
- Develop presentation materials and actively participate in annual plan review meetings for assigned clients and on a selective basis, for annual client meetings for direct reports. Organize list of recommendations and enhancements and
contribute to the development, updating and enhancement of materials associated with presentation, enrollment, new client communications and administration of new or changed plans.
- Coordinate and provide client with appropriate accounting, tax, and
legal consultation pertaining to their Plan. Provide client with relevant legislative and industry updates.
- Lead and support Newport platform enhancements, including acting as subject matter expert, enabling functionality, and effectively
communicating enhancements to sponsors, participants and Relationship Managers.
- Implement and support Newport’s business and client service model with the ability to advise Relationship Managers to execute
Requirements for this role include:
- Must have the ability to build internal relationships and communicate effectively with other senior managers.
- Must possess a strong understanding of the customer
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university preferred.
- 5 to 7 years of retirement industry experience with 3-5 years direct experience in client relationship management; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation and demonstrated relationship building required.
- Must be a team player with the ability to work well with all levels of staff.
Newport group offers for
employment are conditioned upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records, background investigation, and/or credit check).
Newport Group is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis
covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
How to Apply
Apply online using this link.
This ad has been viewed 919 times.
It expires on 7/28/2019.