Retirement Account Administrator
in Arden Hills MN / Albert Lea MN / East Lansing MI / Troy MI / Bedford NH
Help foster a cohesive service team by directing workflow, supporting strong communication and displaying good judgment and leadership to ensure the proper
administration of all plans. Responsible for client service, compliance and Form 5500 reporting of an assigned group of retirement plans, typically 60-70 plans. Plan assignment may include employee stock ownership plans
This position can be based in the following locations: Arden Hills, MN; Albert Lea, MN; East Lansing, MI; Troy, MI and Bedford, NH.
Job Function Number 1: Client Service
- Proactively manage assigned client relationships to achieve or exceed client service satisfaction and ARB retention standards.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships and open lines of communication with
internal and external clients.
- Keep Manager/Supervisor informed of sensitive issues and proactively work with Retirement Relationship Manager or Retirement Specialist (RRM/RS) to retain key clients and assets.
- Work with Manager/Supervisor
to resolve technical, service and compliance issues to ensure client satisfaction without jeopardizing regulatory requirements and service standards.
- Assist in client feedback efforts and work with RRM/RS to identify and resolve service issues as
well as meet long-term client needs.
- Meet service standards. Proactively notify Manager/Supervisor and client (as appropriate) if standards will not be met.
- Timely response to internal and external inquiries.
Function Number 2: Compliance and Form 5500 Reporting- 40%
- Monitor receipt of client’s census information to prioritize completion of compliance tests and/or Form 5500 reporting for an assigned set
- Understand and interpret plan document and contract provisions and apply experience and judgment to situational problem resolution. Work with Manager/Supervisor and/or RRM if needed.
- If assigned ESOP plans, possess the necessary
skills to administer ESOPs which includes an understanding of the valuation process, updating participant records and delivery of the year-end annual valuation report and participant statements.
- Ensure that appropriate compliance tests are accurate
and completed within standards.
- Ensure Form 5500 and Summary Annual Report is accurate and completed within standards.
- Identify changes/amendments needed to documents due to client requests.
- Independently administer more complex
defined contributions plans.
Job Function Number 3: Leadership and Engagement – 20%
- Actively engage in the success of ARB and Alerus, promoting and supporting new and ongoing
initiatives with positive active team involvement resulting in a successful outcome.
- Participate in projects to improve the products and services offered by ARB, including project groups tasked with developing enhanced procedures or
- Participate in meetings for the company, department and administration unit.
- Treat all clients and co-workers with professionalism.
- Support and promote communication within the service team through direct communication,
Client Gateway and other available tools as needed in order to build strong internal relationships.
- Actively support the use of Client Gateway by documenting pertinent communications with clients and others as applicable.
- Recognize and
celebrate individual/team accomplishments.
- Provide training and support to analysts and less experienced account administrators.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in defined contribution retirement
plan compliance or testing required. 3 or more years’ of experience, preferred.
- Good written/oral communication, organization, and client service skills required.
- Ability to maintain professional working relationships with internal
and external clients.
- Ability to work independently and set priorities.
- Ability to interpret documents and resolve technical problems.
- Available to work overtime to cover peak workloads and other business needs.
knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Possess or have an established plan to complete ASPPA’s Retirement Plan Fundamentals Certification (RPF).
- Demonstrated relational skills
such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making and discretion.
- Demonstrated critical thinking abilities.
- Initiative, creativity and energetic active engagement in all work responsibilities.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workflow
of self and others and coordinate activity as an effective team member to meet deadlines and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Established communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated professional business
skills and demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and problem solve complex situations. Apply judgment with respect to high level business impact and risk.
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable
- Extended periods of time at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light
lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
- Ability to travel as needed to other markets and locations.
Alerus Financial is an Equal
Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
Please apply online via our website.
This ad has been viewed 1373 times.
It expires on 8/19/2019.