Retirement Services Associate / Senior Associate
BST & Co. CPAs, LLP
in Albany NY
ABOUT THE JOB
BST’s Retirement Services Department is seeking an Associate to join their service team. This position is responsible trust
accounting and reconciliations, calculation of employer contributions, plan compliance testing, government reporting and filing and processing participant loans and distributions. Opportunity to develop into consultant or leadership position
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ability to act as primary contact for pension clients
- Act in a professional manner in all client and team interactions
- Maintain high level of client satisfaction through
your oversight and coordination of referral and client relationships.
- Accurately perform trust accounting and maintain workpapers
- Answers and responds to phone and email inquiries from clients and participants
- Coordinate with other
team members to successfully complete all retirement plan implementation activities.
- Accurately diagnoses issues and provides client driven solutions that also meet IRS regulatory requirements.
- Interprets rules and regulations by applying
retirement plan knowledge.
- Processes loan and distribution transactions timely and accurately.
- Maintains knowledge of retirement plan rules and regulations by utilizing internal and external resources, as well as continuous
- Supports a continuous improvement environment by providing regular feedback to the leadership team on processes and procedures.
- Stay current on IRS guidance
degree in accounting. CPA or ERPA a plus.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Word and Excel. Working knowledge of Datair is a plus.
- Strong workpaper organization skills. Experience working with accounting workpaper software such as
CaseWare or Engagement a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in a language our clients understand.
- Ability to collect and interpret data.
- Critical thinking to search for creative solutions by
demonstrating objectivity and realism.
- Excellent client service skills including the ability to persuade and make a connection.
- Ability to portray confidence through leadership skills to earn the respect of our clients.
- Ability to
work both independently and in conjunction with a team.
- Understanding of when and how to work in an efficient manner.
How to Apply
Please view here to apply through our applicant tracking system.
This ad has been viewed 995 times.
It expires on 2/10/2019.