Retirement Account Administrator II
in Albert Lea MN / Arden Hills MN / Minneapolis MN / Grand Forks ND / West Fargo ND / MI / NH
Our growing organization is seeking talented professionals who are in search of a challenging and rewarding work environment! We are currently hiring a Retirement
Account Administrator II to be responsible to help foster a cohesive service team by directing workflow, supporting strong communication and displaying good judgment and leadership to ensure the proper administration of all plans. Responsible for client
service, compliance and Form 5500 reporting of an assigned group of retirement plans, typically 60-70 plans. Plan assignment may include employee stock ownership plans (ESOP).
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 1: Client Service –
- Proactively manage assigned client relationships to achieve or exceed client service satisfaction and ARB retention standards.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships and open lines of communication with internal
and external clients.
- Keep Manager/Supervisor informed of sensitive issues and proactively work with Retirement Relationship Manager or Retirement Specialist (RRM/RS) to retain key clients and assets.
- Involve Manager/Supervisor as needed to
resolve technical, service, and compliance issues to ensure client satisfaction without jeopardizing regulatory requirements and service standards.
- Assist in client feedback efforts and work with RRM/RS to identify and resolve service issues as
well as meet long-term client needs.
- Meet service standards. Proactively notify Manager/Supervisor and client (as appropriate) if standards will not be met.
- Timely response to internal and external inquiries.
FUNCTION NUMBER 2: Compliance and Form 5500 Reporting- 40%
- Monitor receipt of client’s census information to prioritize completion of compliance tests and/or Form 5500 reporting for an assigned set of plans.
- Understand and
interpret plan document and contract provisions and apply experience and judgment to situational problem resolution. Work with Manager/Supervisor and/or RRM if needed.
- If assigned ESOP plans, possess the necessary skills to administer ESOPs which
includes an understanding of the valuation process, updating participant records and delivery of the year-end annual valuation report and participant statements.
- Possess the necessary skills to independently administer a percentage of more complex
defined contribution plans.
- Ensure that appropriate compliance tests are accurate and completed within standards.
- Ensure Form 5500 and Summary Annual Report is accurate and completed within standards.
- Identify changes/amendments
needed to documents due to client requests.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 3: Leadership and Engagement – 20%
- Actively engage in the success of ARB and Alerus, promoting and supporting new and ongoing initiatives with
positive active team involvement resulting in a successful outcome.
- Participate in projects to improve the products and services offered by ARB, including project groups tasked with developing enhanced procedures or policies.
- Begin to work
independently and request that the Manager/Supervisor review work as needed.
- Provide direction to analysts and less experienced account administrators.
- Assist in problem resolution as well as developing technical skills of
- Participate in meetings for the company, department and administration unit.
- Treat all co-workers with professionalism.
- Support and promote communication within the service team through direct communication, Client Gateway
and other available tools as needed in order to build strong internal relationships.
- Actively supports the use of Client Gateway by documenting pertinent conversations and emails with clients and others as applicable.
- Recognize and
celebrate individual/team accomplishments.
- 3+ years experience in defined contribution industry, preferably in recordkeeping or administration.
- Successful completion of ASPPA’s
Retirement Plan Fundamentals (RPF) or equivalent.
- Good written/oral communication, organization, and client service skills required.
- Ability to maintain professional working relationships with internal and external clients.
to work independently and set priorities.
- Ability to interpret documents and resolve technical problems.
- Available to work overtime to cover peak work loads and other business needs.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and
- Demonstrated relational skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making and discretion.
- Demonstrated critical thinking abilities.
- Initiative, creativity and
energetic active engagement in all work responsibilities.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workflow of self and others and coordinate activity as an effective team member to meet deadlines and make effective decisions under
- Established communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated professional business skills and demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and problem solve complex situations. Apply judgment with respect
to high level business impact and risk.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (MUST BE MET WITH OR WITHOUT A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION)
- Requires ability to use sit for long periods of time using a key board, mouse and to view multiple
- Requires ability to use telephone for client contact and conference calls.
Alerus offers a challenging and rewarding work environment as well as competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes
health, dental, vision, paid time off & holidays, retirement benefits, and more!
Alerus is a customer-driven financial services company unlike any other. We are an independent, multibillion-dollar financial services organization serving customers
across the country and around the world. We offer a broad array of banking and wealth management products and services. Our knowledgeable staff assists our customers in identifying and attaining their financial goals.
Alerus Financial is an Equal
Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
For more information regarding the responsibilities and qualifications for this opportunity or to apply, visit our website. We look forward to reviewing your application and thank you
for your interest in Alerus Financial!
This ad has been viewed 1075 times.
It expires on 1/27/2019.