in Newport News VA
PBMares is a leading accounting and business consulting firm serving the Mid Atlantic, as well as specialty areas nationwide and
internationally. With over 270 employees in Virginia and Maryland, we are a full-service accounting and advisory firm with a strong reputation for integrity and ethical leadership. We are also a firm that has experienced uninterrupted growth throughout our
50-year history. In 2018, we earned the honor of being named as one of the nation’s Top 100 accounting firms by INSIDE Public Accounting, the leading public accounting publication. With so much to offer professionals at all experience levels, PBMares
is one firm you definitely want to get to know when you’re ready to move forward in your career.
We are in search of a Pension Administrator to add to our team in our Newport News, VA office location. This is a
permanent position that requires the ability to excel at details, multi-tasking, and working under pressure.
Responsibilities (with or without accommodations):
- Collects and reconciles all plan information
regarding investment statements
- Prepares financial statements for plans
- Accurately enters plan specifications into Relius
- Analyzes plan and determines eligibility and allocation requirements
- Performs analysis of Census
- Performs compliance and non-discrimination tests for all plans. Performs additional tests for 401(k) plans
- Communicates with clients via e-mail, phone, or in person as necessary
- Prepares Employee Benefit
Information Returns (Form 5500) for client plans as required
- Assists with plan distributions to plan participants
- Assists as needed with developing Firm procedures relating to client services
- Assists with Pension Division’s
marketing activities as requested
- Intermediate level computer / software skills/experience, including Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to quickly learn new software systems, including
- Strong oral and written English language skills
- Good skills in basic "debit and credit" accounting, financial and tax analysis
- Effectively presents information and responds to questions from internal and external
- Ability to write and analyze reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Associates Degree in Accounting, 2 years of college, or equivalent accounting experience
- Preferred: Knowledge of retirement plan processes, familiarity and experience with database functions, and willingness to study and obtain
ASPPA / NIPA, or CEBS certification
Our Firm’s policy is to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
We are proud to be an EEO / AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime
contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirements of sponsorship at any point in the future.
How to Apply
Apply online using this link.
This ad has been viewed 780 times.
It expires on 1/12/2019.