Senior Retirement Compliance Consultant
CUNA Mutual Group
in Madison WI
This position, in partnership with senior leaders within CUNA Mutual
Retirement Solutions (“CMRS”), Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance, coordinates the planning, implementation, management and evaluation of Compliance programs, processes and initiatives as they relate to retirement products, business processes
and marketing materials.
Consultant – provides advice with regard to retirement compliance strategy, management and operations. They analyze, identify, research, and resolve problems, and consult on projects, products, and programs. They
recommend compliance solutions utilizing knowledge technical regulatory expertise and in accordance with compliance theory and practice.
- Collaborate with CMRS executive management to develop
compliance strategies and maintain compliant products, policies, and operational procedures.
- Address technical ERISA/IRC compliance issues and retirement plan industry trends impacting CMRS businesses
- Consult on and influence the
development and implementation of compliance solutions related to new product releases, product re-writes, entry into new markets or utilizationof new distribution channels.
- Provide daily compliance guidance for internal CMRS departments such as
retirement administration, recordkeeping, pension risk transfer, executive benefits, and operational compliance.
- Design and lead compliance projects addressing new legislation/guidance and current business risk mitigation
- Partner with legal
and compliance peers (e.g. contract, litigation, risk, governance, assurance, and privacy) to resolve all compliance concerns impacting CMRS.
- Support established Corporate Legal and Compliance strategies.
- Work with business leaders
across CUNA Mutual Group to solve complex business problems as they relate to retirement compliance.
- Lead efforts to effectively respond to regulatory agency complaints, difficult objections and/or preparation of testimony by crafting persuasive
arguments that will aid in gaining favorable regulatory approval or ruling for CMRS insurance products.
- Develop and implement training/education programs to encourage understanding and application of ethical and compliant corporate and business
- Speak at conferences, webinars or panels on retirement compliance.
- Lead and direct compliance communications.
The above statement of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties will be
assigned from time to time.
Framework General Profile and Scope:
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise.
- May lead teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk and/or
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices.
- Solves complex problems, taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions where change is needed.
- Works independently, with
guidance in only the most complex situations.
- May lead functional teams or projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Insurance or related field or an equivalent trade-off of 7+
years of professional work experience in the retirement industry.
- Specific experience in retirement plan compliance or in a retirement industry job requiring retirement plan technical expertise with an emphasis on defined contribution and
defined benefit plans is strongly preferred.
- Retirement industry professional designations preferred (i.e. QKA, QPA, CPC, ERPA, CRPS, CEBS).
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Ability to perform technical research and
analysis of retirement laws and regulations and apply them to company operations, products and marketing.
- Strong ability to communicate clearly, concisely and tactfully with a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully and
positively lead groups through change.
- Ability to apply sound reasoning and judgment toresolve complex and significant compliance and business issues.
- Ability to balance several significantwork streams at one time.
How to Apply
Please Apply Directly at the CUNA Careers page by using the following link:
This ad has been viewed 1780 times.
It expires on 2/6/2019.