Primary responsibility is to sell and retain ftwilliam.com software products in a defined territory. This includes
following a specified Sales Process that includes working with a sales engineer.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
Sell and renew ftwilliam.com software products in a defined territory made up of primarily states in the Northeast U.S.
Develop a strong understanding of
the retirement plan market, our customers, and their daily workflow.
Prospect and develop new business in both existing accounts as well as new accounts.
Proactively study and learn product and competitive knowledge
Maintain and update information in Salesforce.com including activities, demos, and pipeline management
As needed, attend National and Local ASPPA and NIPA tradeshows to provide booth
coverage. This includes learning and executing our Trade Show processes.
Develop relationships with major players in each of your large metro markets.
Submit timely reports as requested by the Sales Manager and/or Executive
· Work primarily from a private home office. Some travel may be required on occasion to visit large prospects/customers.
· Contribute ideas and best practices to other members of the sales team.
· Fast and thorough follow-up on inquiries from
customers and prospects by phone or email.
· Work closely with Customer Service and Billing to solve billing/service issues that could affect the renewal of a subscription.
team, Business Unit, and corporate goals and objectives. .
Perform various ad hoc duties as requested by Sales Manager.
Handle any other assignments by the manager as they come up.
Minimum: College Degree is required.
· 3+ years of over-quota sales experience.
· Knowledge of and experience in the Retirement industry preferred.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent organization, planning and presentation skills
· Strong time management skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Word) and Salesforce.com
Skills & Abilities:
Strong sales ability with both a short and longer sales cycle
Detail oriented with strong analytical, time management and problem solving skills.
work well in a team.
Ability to develop deep relationships with customers and prospects
Strong Customer Service skills
Enthusiasm and eagerness to learn
Consulting mentality—extracting insights from very complex
and/or limited information to make a recommendation to stakeholders
Demonstrated ability to take initiative, be proactive, and think independently, and anticipate needs related to future work.
Demonstrated capacity to learn and apply
skills and knowledge to unique and varied situations
Highly responsive and resourceful. Positive ‘can do’ attitude and approach to problem solving
Innovative mindset; willingness to try creative and different ways of meeting
Ability to clearly communicate concepts, research findings, issues analysis, project and evaluation results, and data interpretations
Some travel, typically less than 10%
Normal office environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this
job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities and requirements.