Employee Benefits Compliance Attorney
for Gallagher Benefit Services, Inc.
in Houston, TX
Gallagher Benefit Services, Inc. (GBS) consistently stands out in a competitive marketplace as an employer of
knowledgeable, highly skilled and competitive talent. We are a company that touches businesses and their employees on a personal level. At the core, our job is to help protect the health and well-being of employees and their families and provide for their
financial security - all while allowing employers to attract and retain the people they need to grow and succeed. As you consider the value of working for Gallagher Benefit Services, remember your talent, winning attitude and strong performance will be
highly valued and will maximize your future potential.
Gallagher's is a story more than 80 years in the making, comparable to few and as unique in strengths as it is rich in history. Founded on the cornerstones of integrity, innovation, teamwork and
empathy, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. has built its legacy one success at a time.
As one of the world's largest insurance brokers, we provide a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) brokerage and alternative risk transfer services
globally, as well as employee benefit brokerage, consulting, and actuarial services in the United States. We also offer claims and information management, risk control consulting, and appraisal services to clients around the world.
Services, a subsidiary of Arthur J. Gallagher & Co, is a full service national brokerage and consulting firm providing our clients with a strategic focus with a full complement of resources for compliance and technology issues. Gallagher Benefit Services
has over 130 offices, 2000+ employees and over $460 Million in revenue. We have grown an average of 20% over the past 10 years and continue to expand our footprint both domestically and internationally. We continue to grow year over year - it's never been
a more exciting time to join Gallagher!
Why Work For Us?
The Employee Benefits Compliance Attorney, based out of of Houston, Texas will provide guidance and assistance to GBS Sales and Service teams on
health and welfare plan compliance. Activities include: conducting external client seminars/webcasts on selected compliance topics; conducting internal employee training on selected compliance topics; assisting in prospective client sales efforts by
providing written and in-person support for the RFP through finalist process; conducting research as needed and respond to inquiries with supporting documentation when appropriate; assisting branches in conducting client plan inventories; using the
Regional compliance Helpdesk to answer branch offices questions; lead projects on behalf of regional compliance team with respect to the development and implementation of compliance material and toolkits. This position will participate in the Divisional
Compliance Workgroup as coordinated by the ASVP/Compliance Counsel. This position may also be responsible for the oversight and/or management of other members on the Regional Compliance Team.
- Throughout our history, Gallagher has remained at the forefront of its industry through tireless innovation, excellent client service and rock solid integrity.
- Our mission is to
build and maintain long-lasting, consistent, honest and profitable relationships with our insurance markets, which we recognize play a crucial role in meeting our clients' risk management needs
- We support one another. We believe in one another. We
acknowledge and respect the ability of one another.
- We're a very competitive and aggressive Company.
- The Gallagher Way is innovative and passionate. We hire movers, shakers, leaders, and dynamic followers!
- Great culture,
family-friendly atmosphere, team focused, flexible work hours and opportunities for growth!
Responsibilities for this position include:
Desired Skills and Experience:
presentations at client seminars/webcasts to relay compliance requirements, decision-making, and costs.
- Develop innovative processes and procedures to help GBS staff realize impact of Compliance as a Value Added Service and a sales wedge.
- Contribute as a leader on the Divisional Compliance Workgroup with the intent to share best practices, leverage and provide innovative ideas to strengthen our GBS compliance resources throughout the division, and assign involvement of various work
/ project groups to members of the Compliance team.
- Oversee Regional Compliance Site
- Implement, coordinate, conduct, monitor and evaluate educational material or training sessions to help educate South Central Region (SCR) employees on
compliance topics and resources.
- Assist consultants in promoting client engagement in welfare plan compliance.
- Attend prospective client meetings with producer/consultant teams to present GBS compliance capabilities, tools, and resources.
- Oversee compliance client inventories.
- Work with Underwriting Team to promote HCR Financial Outlook Model
- Guide client decision-making process by identifying GBS capabilities, tools and resources, presenting best practices, and
coordinating available resources.
- Participate in GBS divisional vendor selection and assist in relationship maintenance.
- Present appropriate compliance-related materials to clients/prospects. Work with internal and external clients as well
as Divisional Compliance and Marketing groups to determine market needs in order to respond with solutions and marketing collateral.
- Present GBS compliance capabilities at client meetings and at prospect presentations
- Seek out national
HR/benefits conferences and other speaking/writing opportunities to raise GBS' brand awareness
- Provide guidance and assistance to GBS sales and service teams on compliance topics and resources
have at least 5-8 years experience in employee benefits law or compliance consulting.
- Must have extensive knowledge of legislation and regulations affecting employee health and welfare plans
- Must have computer knowledge including Microsoft
Office, be able to work in a Windows environment and have some knowledge of publishing software
- Must have a law degree; coursework in employee benefits, tax, employment law preferred. Master's degree in benefits, health or tax welcomed
- Training, certification, or familiarity with employee benefits preferred
- Must have high level skills in communicating, both written and verbal
- Must be highly organized in order to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Must have good
presentation skills and the ability to train others
- Must have strong leadership skills and be able to persuade others to provide items needed to complete this job within pre-established timeframes
- Must be amiable when encountering difficult
situations with clients, vendors and co workers
- Must have developed problem solving skills that allow tasks to be completed with the minimal amount of supervision
- Must have initiative, be properly assertive in presenting new ideas to
supervisors and management, and be self motivated and goal oriented
- Must be able to manage projects, identifying the necessary steps and moving them forward until completion.
- Experience managing a team and/or leadership experience
The position will require ~25% travel in order to support the various offices across the South Central Region.
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans,
life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally
protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and
termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our
For more information or to submit your resume for consideration, please contact:
Gallagher Benefit Services
Regional Human Resources Director - South Central Region
This ad has been viewed 3580 times. It expires on 4/19/2014.
Copyright 2014, BenefitsLink.com, Inc. doing business as EmployeeBenefitsJobs.com